Want a new phone.

Associate
The op wants s good camera and can afford the 920, no idea why for camera as one of the nsin features you would pick or suggest a 720.

Posting from 4/5 up a mountain, whilst putting some blister plasters on.

So, my budget is no more than £300.

I don't do gaming or messing about with apps.

Want something with a very good camera, good with low light and better than the rubbish camera on the iphone. Also it must be able to have the Natwest and Runtastic apps on there.

Cheaper the better, but i will pay up to £300 if need be.

So the 720 is *almost* as good as the 920 for photography for less money and has benefits with regard to battery life, size and weight etc. Worth considering I would say ;)

Man of Honour
Its not almost as good though image stabalisation makes a big difference. And camera is one if the top requested spec..and when talking low light the 720 isn't even close let alone almost.

Soldato
Its not almost as good though image stabalisation makes a big difference. And camera is one if the top requested spec..and when talking low light the 720 isn't even close let alone almost.

It's not close to the 920 in low light, no. But compared to other camera phones without OIS it's good.

Soldato
OP
Tesco are having a jeffree, £450... You can get rid of the silly facebook and twitter things on the screen, i hope?

Anyone ever ordered from the Simply place? The site looks a bit tacky.

Associate

Where are you getting the info on 720 low light performance? All the reviews I've seen are calling it very good and pretty close to the 920, partly due to the F1/9 aperture.

Admittedly it *isn't* as good as the 920 and doesn't have OIS but it's significantly cheaper which was also one of the OP's main requirements.

Ultimately it's personal choice, all I'm saying is that imo the 720 is worth a look if budget is an issue plus it also has some other advantages over the 920 which may be a consideration (battery life/SD Card/size and weight)

Soldato
Tesco are having a jeffree, £450... You can get rid of the silly facebook and twitter things on the screen, i hope?

Anyone ever ordered from the Simply place? The site looks a bit tacky.

Less than £310 on eBay form a seller with over 5000 fb at 100% which effectively means you have 0 chance of them messing you about in anyway even if you mess them about, I was stunned when I checked their feedback stat.

Back
Top Bottom