Road Cycling Essentials

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Agreed, white bar tape makes you go faster. Sadly it is a massive PITA to keep clean (although Cif and GT85 both do an admirable job). I'm going to get some Prologo Onetouch tape next in black with white logos on the basis that the white will match my saddle but the black will be easier to keep clean.

Caporegime
I'm planning on red bar tape, red saddle and red tyres for my new bike. Maybe red bottle cages as well. Red red red. Most of my kit is red as well. I'll have to get a red helmet and shoes as well :D

Soldato
I'm planning on red bar tape, red saddle and red tyres for my new bike. Maybe red bottle cages as well. Red red red. Most of my kit is red as well. I'll have to get a red helmet and shoes as well :D

what bike are you getting? :)

off stava..

YEAR-TO-DATE
Distance 2,826.2mi
Time 202hr 9m
Elev Gain 80,699ft
Rides 350

meh.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Agreed, white bar tape makes you go faster. Sadly it is a massive PITA to keep clean (although Cif and GT85 both do an admirable job). I'm going to get some Prologo Onetouch tape next in black with white logos on the basis that the white will match my saddle but the black will be easier to keep clean.

White bar tape reflects more heat, therefore creates more friction as you move through the air thus making you less aerodynamic and slowing you down. Thats Science that is.

Associate
Its been 3 weeks since ive last been on the bike and ive got to wait about another month or so. Stupid operation. Ah well i guess health comes first. Itching to get back on with the decent weather we have been getting. hardly done any rides this year. Ive already put on half a stone since being idle and eating loads of junk at home so now im 1 stone of target weight of 11st, (start weight 16 and a half st)

YEAR-TO-DATE
Distance 2,033.3mi
Time 127hr 28m
Elev Gain 130,551ft
Rides 55

Re bar tape ,the best bar tape ive used is the Zipp service course tape, mega comfy.

Also ive been talking to a couple of mates about doing the IMUK some time in the future. Do you thing one year of training is a bit too optimistic?

Caporegime
Its been 3 weeks since ive last been on the bike and ive got to wait about another month or so. Stupid operation. Ah well i guess health comes first. Itching to get back on with the decent weather we have been getting. hardly done any rides this year. Ive already put on half a stone since being idle and eating loads of junk at home so now im 1 stone of target weight of 11st, (start weight 16 and a half st)

I was trying to figure why I'd not seen you logging any rides on Strava! I was getting a bit worried!

Caporegime
im jealous too

still not tried a cat 3 hill yet, I find some cat 4's are hard enough lol

Find a longer, shallower one if you can. That cat 2 I logged yesterday is easier than some lower category climbs, like this cat 4, or this cat 4 and probably this cat 3 as well. I'd much rather do something long and grindy than short and brutally steep. I'm more likely to need to stop and rest after a particularly steep climb than a particularly long one.

Underboss
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom