***The Vapers Lounge***

Status
Not open for further replies.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
I've not got my Ego's anymore, sold them on a while ago, never did try the PT on one. But i didn't realise they (according to the link d_brennen posted above) only put out around 3.2v, thats a lot lower than i thought/assumed. I can only imagine the vape off an ego now after being spoilt by my Vamo and Provari isn't all that!

On another note. If i were to consider a genesis style atty. What would you chaps recommend? Something that doesn't need a lot of fiddling with if thats possible, I don't have a huge amount of patience! :o

But i am curious to try one.

Last edited:
Soldato
Is a total waste. The batteries just cannot cope. Both of my Ego batteries have also since died since using the Protank.

Whereas I'm getting along great with my self coiled ProTank, at 2.2ohms on a 1100mah EGO-T, it's my non-leaking, little stealth fog machine! The only downside and reason I'd consider purchasing the Mini ProTank is that it looks (and is) a little top heavy. Of course, it's never going to beat the Vamo & Aga T2 for battery life, flavour & vapour, but the size & weight difference is huge...
But for vaping in the car, keeping in my pocket or under my lap in my wheelchair, it's perfick!

Soldato
I've not got my Ego's anymore, sold them on a while ago, never did try the PT on one. But i didn't realise they (according to the link d_brennen posted above) only put out around 3.2v, thats a lot lower than i thought/assumed. I can only imagine the vape off an ego now after being spoilt by my Vamo and Provari isn't all that!

On another note. If i were to consider a genesis style atty. What would you chaps recommend? Something that doesn't need a lot of fiddling with if thats possible, I don't have a huge amount of patience! :o

But i am curious to try one.

RSST hands down, insulated wick hole removes half the faffing around with shorts on it, as a starter genesis there isnt a better option in my opinion.

Soldato
Should add, ive moved on from genesis atomisers, found i was having some sort of reaction to the mesh itself, kept making my throat close up :( so instead ive moved onto a Kayfun, and boy oh boy its good :) - Sold the Poldiac and AC9, im now waiting for a JM22 to arrive from poland, using the kayfun on my cheap seigeli 19 at the moment.

Permabanned
Should add, ive moved on from genesis atomisers, found i was having some sort of reaction to the mesh itself, kept making my throat close up :( so instead ive moved onto a Kayfun, and boy oh boy its good :) - Sold the Poldiac and AC9, im now waiting for a JM22 to arrive from poland, using the kayfun on my cheap seigeli 19 at the moment.

Isn't the Kayfun a genesis style atty anyway? Or have things moved on? :confused:

Soldato

Give me a shout if you want to move the 19 on, when your JM22 arrives. I'm desperate to get into mechanical mods, but I would rather spend the £250 on something I truly desire (Mark Bugs) than £50-100 here and there on the not so desired mods. Although the 19 is at that price/performance point (assuming it's the sleek brushed steel one without the ugly side switch?) that's worth getting.

Soldato
Where can I go next with my vaping? I've pretty much given up on the stinkies and now only smoke one or two when utterly bladdered (slowly phasing those out too).

I've been using Ego C/T batteries and the likes of the Vivi Nova heads, and more recently the Protank which has been a stunning upgrade to my flavours! I'm not patient enough to rewick/recoil my heads, but what can I buy that'll give me another upgrade (as I had when moving to a Protank)?

I'd like to spend £50-£100 on some new kit that'll last me a long while, ideally I'd like it to be smallish. The 1100mah Ego battery and Protank is probably the largest I'd like to go.

What do you gents recommend?

Soldato
I'm not patient enough to rewick/recoil my heads, but what can I buy that'll give me another upgrade (as I had when moving to a Protank)?
I'd like to spend £50-£100 on some new kit that'll last me a long while, ideally I'd like it to be smallish.

If you don't want to rewick, there is nowhere to go. All the high-end stuff are rebuildables, so require more work.

The ProTank/Evod is pretty much the end of the road for you, if you want easy.

Associate
Now halfway through my 13th week of not smoking, thanks to Elites and SkyCigs.

I know you vapers look down on us a bit, that smoke ready made E-cigs, but thought I'd throw my success story in in case anyone reading this is thinking of giving quitting a try.

Soldato
If you don't want to rewick, there is nowhere to go. All the high-end stuff are rebuildables, so require more work.

The ProTank/Evod is pretty much the end of the road for you, if you want easy.

Hmm.. I may need to give it a try then. I disassembled one of my Protank heads and it looked ridiculously difficult/fiddly to get the coil wrapped around the wick and then get the legs into the right places. Is it easier on some of the higher end rebuildables?

Soldato
Hmm.. I may need to give it a try then. I disassembled one of my Protank heads and it looked ridiculously difficult/fiddly to get the coil wrapped around the wick and then get the legs into the right places. Is it easier on some of the higher end rebuildables?

Rewicking a ProTank is easier than redoing a RBA (rebuildable atomiser). I rewicked 4 ProTanks and all 4 worked, can't say the same when I first started coiling my AGA-T2. But like anything, do it a few times and its a breeze.

Associate

Initially it does look very fiddly, but after a few attempts its very easy. The legs are not a problem, they just slot through a hole and are naturally in position. I found the hardest part was not shorting the coil against the head.

Within a week of starting rewicking I was able to rewick in under 60 seconds.

Have some faith, be patient and try not to get frustrated when it doesn't work. It really is much easier than it looks.

Associate
Now halfway through my 13th week of not smoking, thanks to Elites and SkyCigs.

I know you vapers look down on us a bit, that smoke ready made E-cigs, but thought I'd throw my success story in in case anyone reading this is thinking of giving quitting a try.

I wouldn't look down on you. I'd just be glad you had found something that works for you. Skycigs don't even look too expensive as a lot of the prefilled ones are. They wouldn't work for me but if they do for you then great. I can think of times I'd rather have had one that looked like a cig. Sometimes I just can't be bothered explaining the whole vaping thing to people. I believe ecig seller that stock both one that look like cigs and ones that don't sell far more cig like ones.

Soldato
any good youtube instructionals on these rebuildables, ive been vaping on a vamo etc for months now and i need to step up my game

YouTube is littered with tutorials on how to rebuild. After you view a few, you realise everyone has their own style of doing things.

Last edited:
Soldato
Rewicking a ProTank is easier than redoing a RBA (rebuildable atomiser). I rewicked 4 ProTanks and all 4 worked, can't say the same when I first started coiling my AGA-T2. But like anything, do it a few times and its a breeze.

Initially it does look very fiddly, but after a few attempts its very easy. The legs are not a problem, they just slot through a hole and are naturally in position. I found the hardest part was not shorting the coil against the head.

Within a week of starting rewicking I was able to rewick in under 60 seconds.

Have some faith, be patient and try not to get frustrated when it doesn't work. It really is much easier than it looks.

Thanks gents, I'll order some wick and coil and give one of them a try. This may be a silly question, I've read a few posts now where people have rewicked the PT heads - are these the standard heads that you can buy/come with the units or are there 'special' rebuild friendly heads available?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom