Opinions on new MacBook Air

Associate
its really strange. Ever since I got my macbook I've stopped using my rig for administrative tasks/websurfing etc. The MBA is just so convenient for sitting down on the sofa, dining table etc. Really really love the machine. Standby time is awesome too. I have spotify on all the time and i still get at least 9 hours out of it.

Soldato
That was the start for me before fully switching mac. Just never used my gaming PC anymore when i had a 17" MacBook Pro in 2005/06.

Love my MBA. Thinking of selling my iPad mini now because of how much more useful it is.

Last edited:
Associate
Just wanted to say - I run windows 8 on my main rig and I just bought another copy for my Mac. Seriously, having the OSX and having Windows 8 on the side is just supreme. I'm not an Apple Fan boy but the MBA is seriously the best Laptop i have ever owned. And I have had the luxury and I have been lucky enough to have many laptops.

Soldato
After three days of owning this - I can't believe how good it is. Gestures and so damned good I can't believe that I have lived without them - it's so fluid. Productivity has never been better, especially since organising my workspaces. Can't believe how much apple wanted for a TB->HDMI/DVI adapter though, ordered a cheap one off eBay and hoping that it works.

Pug

Pug

Soldato
Is the 11" cramped?

Bearing in mind I have a desktop and an iPad I'm unsure if I should go 11 or 13?

It's for casual use, but I can't help but feel the 11 won't be much different to my iPad (but would value the aller size)

Permabanned
Mine arrived a couple of days ago, great piece of kit.

Only 1 slight issue with it, the screen is not of the quality I expected, there is a slight clouding at the bottom, like a filter is being applied, more so in the corners.

1 or 2mm at most, but noticeable.

Anyone else have this?

Soldato
Nothing dodgy on the screen, but my charger (pretty dodgy electrics) made a spark from the plug as I put it on charge, and its screen was off as it did it. Then it wouldn't wake. Gave it a minute, then powered back on. Must have been protecting itself from my dodgy electrics.

Back
Top Bottom