*** OS X Mavericks ***

Soldato
Haven't noticed any difference between DP2 and 3. It's stable enough for me. The only bugs I've noticed are safari sometimes has a corrupted display that goes away on page refresh. Also my downloads folder progress bar sticks at 100%.

Soldato
I've had to reboot a couple of times, with symptoms ranging from jittery HTML5 video playback to random apps crashing with invalid memory exceptions. Most likely the kernel isn't that stable as of yet.

Soldato
Does anyone know if I order a MBA now, will I get a free upgrade to mavericks ? I know before apple have honoured purchases within a certain period prior to os release ...

Caporegime
Does anyone know if I order a MBA now, will I get a free upgrade to mavericks ? I know before apple have honoured purchases within a certain period prior to os release ...

Its only been for orders 2 weeks prior to the release. So unless its out within 2 weeks, which i doubt, you won't be offered that.

However, it'll be peanuts when it comes out...so don't worry about it, you'll save at most about £30 if you hold out :p

Soldato
The 2 issues I'm seeing (from DP1 to now) are both Safari related.

1. Sometimes a safari tab will have loads of wierd artifacts (like when a graphics card crashes). Reloading the page makes it go away

2. When using an 'in browser' editor such as google docs, the further the curser goes to the right, it starts being inaccurate, so you type but the text comes out 3 or 4 charachters to the left of the cursor - very strange!

Not sure if they are related to being on dual screens. Other than that I've not had any real issues.

Back
Top Bottom