*****The OFFICIAL OCUK 2013/2014 Fantasy Football League*****

Soldato
My team at the moment (more than likely chop and change still) is
Cech (Boruc)
Baines - Koscielny - Shawcross - Enrique (Bassong)

Gerrard - Paulinho - Giaccherini (Bellamy, Williams)

RVP - Aspas - Anelka

Debating whether to put in Bony and Coutinho instead of Gerrard and Aspas

Soldato
My team at the moment (more than likely chop and change still) is
Cech (Boruc)
Baines - Koscielny - Shawcross - Enrique (Bassong)

Gerrard - Paulinho - Giaccherini (Bellamy, Williams)

RVP - Aspas - Anelka

Debating whether to put in Bony and Coutinho instead of Gerrard and Aspas

Paulinho is more defensive. Your defence is quite expensive too. I'd downgrade them for cheaper WHU defenders and upgrade your midfield. Coutinho is a good shout in my opinion but he is quite expensive. Cheaper defence beginning of the season a nd upgrade later in the season once teams are more settled and understand eachother better. Everton defence are rpeorted to looking to play WB players, which could be interesting to invest in.

Soldato
My altered team. Upgraded Hooper to RVW, I think either will be a bargain though. Mirrallas looks good pre season. Hopefully Lukaku will get both games in GW1. My defence is pretty cheap (discounting Ivanovic) meaning I have a solid midfield and with 1.5m in the bank it will give me flex to change after GW1 when we will know better where we stand. Potential to upgrade to Dzeko, or an Arsenal striker if need be.

Mignolet

Mertersacker, Coleman, Ivanovic

Hazard (c), Coutinho, Walcott, Mirallas,

Aspas, van Wolfswinkel, Lukaku

Boruc, Demel, Colback, Naughton

Soldato
My altered team. Upgraded Hooper to RVW, I think either will be a bargain though. Mirrallas looks good pre season. Hopefully Lukaku will get both games in GW1. My defence is pretty cheap (discounting Ivanovic) meaning I have a solid midfield and with 1.5m in the bank it will give me flex to change after GW1 when we will know better where we stand. Potential to upgrade to Dzeko, or an Arsenal striker if need be.

Mignolet

Mertersacker, Coleman, Ivanovic

Hazard (c), Coutinho, Walcott, Mirallas,

Aspas, van Wolfswinkel, Lukaku

Boruc, Demel, Colback, Naughton

I was going to go Coutinho but opted for Sliva instead, I also went with Lukaku I'm expecting a big season from him.

Soldato
Paulinho is more defensive. Your defence is quite expensive too. I'd downgrade them for cheaper WHU defenders and upgrade your midfield. Coutinho is a good shout in my opinion but he is quite expensive. Cheaper defence beginning of the season a nd upgrade later in the season once teams are more settled and understand eachother better. Everton defence are rpeorted to looking to play WB players, which could be interesting to invest in.

See I got told he would score quite a few goals so thats why I put him in. Thing with my defence is I have chosen defenders who score goals and thats why I have them in. If I do put Coutinho in it would be to replace Gerrard, and there the same price, but if Liverpool complete the Diego Costa transfer, then I will be taking out Aspas, and if we (Newcastle) can finally complete the Gomis transfer I will be putting him in.

Soldato
Swapped in Bony after his two goals today.

Starting lineup is currently:

Mignolet
Baines - Mertesacker - Invanovic
Michu - Snodgrass - Walcott - Hazard
Bony - Lambert - Lukaku

Subs - Davis, Garrido, Britton, McNaughton

Any thoughts?

Get rid of Davis in goal at all costs, wont play and if he does he is a proper liability in the premier league, I don't think he managed a clean sheet last year, Boruc for the extra half a million is a better choice.

Soldato
Silva is also a very good shout.

As for expensive defence, I am going to head for that strategy towards the 2nd half of the season with the intention of natural goal scorers in MF and front row for the 1st half whilst we expect them to be flying in :D However, this plan might go to rats when considering Ronaldo could go back to Utd. At that point I'll be using the wild card, sticking in a whole row of 4.5m defence and having Rooney (chelsea), Ronaldo and then either Suarez at Arsenal or Soldado depending on eithers form. With Ronaldo assumed to be as much as 15m, that line up can be done :)

Soldato
Mignolet

Ivanovic--Cahill--Toure--Gibbs

Walcott--Mirallas--Coutinho--Zaha

Weimann--Giroud

Bench of Boruc, Clyne, Diame, Berba.

Got £3m in the bank, so will be losing Weimann after Villa's two game week. Will get Bony if he impresses, and otherwise probably Sturridge.

Soldato
Joined, said I'd never do FF again as it's too stressful :D

Might be a laugh with you guys though

Put a team together but it will be changed by the first game

Oh no!

How much do we reckon Soldado is going to be then?...I have room in my team for 9.5m

I thought around that price too. I hope they don't go silly and stick him in at 11m or something like that.

Back
Top Bottom