• £60-70m

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • £70-80m

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • >£80m

Votes: 25 10.4%

• Total voters
Caporegime
£30mill max is what id pay for him, nothing more and maybe less. He has one good season, not a great season like Ronaldo did before he jumped to Real.

But as ive said over in the transfer thread, Real have got more money than sense...i could understand if Bale had won a few trophies ie PL titles and a few others and was competing yearly in the CL but he hasnt and i think anything over £30mill for a player who is good is stupid in all honesty.

Football gone totally and utterly mad now with some of these transfer fees being thrown about.

AGD

AGD

Soldato
Footballers are worth whatever people are willing to pay for them. That is how it works! The market seems to have inflated considerably since Ronaldo was sold (we've already had 3 players go for £50mil+ this summer) so I can easily see Real paying over £70mil+ for Bale.

Man of Honour
£45M - £50M but to Spurs he's worth a lot more in terms of perspective CL qualification and league title contenders, merchandise, and the clubs Profile etc. It's understandable that we reluctant to let him go but all this delay is nothing more then detrimental if left too late..

I'm more annoyed that R. Madrid have suggested a repayments in installments which kind admits that even they can't afford the cash up front. They've not even completed the payment of Modric yet.

Associate
I can only assume that people who are rating Bale under 30m are either trolling/bitter or have never watched him play.
It is fairly plain to see he isn't your average 1 season wonder and hasn't just magically gained this raw talent within the last season - It is quite remarkable how much he has tweaked, improved and tried to perfect many aspects of his game to become a much more complete player, he must have practised free-kicks...a lot as I can't even remember hitting the target much the season before. His confidence has grown by the bucket load and he IS the player that most defenders fear in the PL. There's a reason why there's 3 players on him for a lot of the game - I don't recall many other sub 30m players getting the same treatment.

Soldato
Wasn't bolded when I looked at it I'm sure.

Anyway as to be worth more than £1m? Obviously it's subjective. Financially? Probably. Morally? I find it abhorrent.

Your perception of " financial morality" here is irrelevant.

A good player can help to bring results for a team. Those results can be worth many tens of millions to a club. It's a simple financial cost vs reward scenario. While people are willing to pay (collectively) Billions of pounds per year to watch football, top players will be inevitably be worth millions.

I understand the ridiculous transfer fees and wages in the hundreds of thousands per week may make you want to vomit (they certainly do for me), but that doesn't change the abstract value of a good quality player. They are an investment, just like everything else.

Back
Top Bottom