Who should be the next person to play Batman?

Soldato
OP
The Independent said:
Ryan Gosling, Josh Brolin and Joe Manganiello are the biggest names on a reported early shortlist of those being considered to play Batman in the Man of Steel sequel.

Director Zack Snyder revealed at a comic convention in San Diego last month that both Batman and Superman will meet in the film’s forthcoming sequel, rumoured to be being called Superman vs Batman.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Snyder is looking to cast an actor in his late 30s or early 40s to play Batman. Casting notes say the actor will need to look “established and rugged”.

Sources claim Josh Brolin, 46, is the current frontrunner to play the superhero above Gosling, 32, and True Blood’s Manganiello, 36.

:cool:

But then...

However, other industry sources have rubbished rumours as casting for the film is yet to begin.

So, who knows... :p Brolin is still at the top of my list, though.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...ay-batman-in-man-of-steel-sequel-8746205.html

Soldato
Although a bit older, Jeffrey Dean Morgan might be interesting. He was good in Watchmen as the misunderstood superhero, and has worked with Zack Snyder before.

Or maybe try Brandon Routh. He did such a good job with Superman, he should be a great Batman :p;):D

Soldato
So he's a little older, but only the manliest of men could play Batman, and that would be Bruce Campbell.

On a more serious note though, I would find it hard to imagine anyone but Bale playing Batman at this point.

Associate
Hayden Christensen surely? ;)

Seriously though....

Josh Brolin would be good. Or Jim Caviezel. Although they are both in their mid-forties....

Someone younger - maybe Timothy Olyphant?

/FlameSuit

If they were going to do a Dark Knight Returns type 'mature Batman' movie I'd really like to see George Clooney get another shot, as I think he really does like the character and would like to do a 'proper' serious Batman movie.

Maybe with Dennis Quaid as Gordon.

/FlameSuit

Associate
They need someone tough and "older" for Miller's Dark Knight.

I would say Stallone or Willis, both not ideal, but if you spliced them together then you're talking!

Back
Top Bottom