Road Cycling Essentials

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Ok where can you get the SRAM out fronts?

Seems to be a bit of a stock shortage on these at the moment. eBay have plenty if you don't mind importing, or you can preorder from Wiggle but I'm not sure of the exact leadtime. As others have said, it mounts the unit slightly above your stem rather than flush with it, your call as to whether that would bother you or not. I've found with the Bryton Rider 40 (approx Garmin 500 size) it's not really a problem but a thicker unit may sit up a little more than you'd like. For that reason I may go with the Garmin mount (and SRAM adapter) for my Garmin 705.

Soldato
lol saw this on another forum
mH4Te50.jpg
FmW9mrg.jpg.png
GY0CS0x.jpg

cool idea but wouldn't you risk getting water in bits where you probably shouldn't? edit oh wait he's probably just left his bike to dry ^_^ (blonde moment)

Cool idea thought I might stick a hanger on the wall above my bath

I'd hang by the rear wheel. I just turned my bikes the other way up after noticing I was getting play in the headsets.

Last edited:
Soldato
should i replace my cassette?

~4k miles done on it, thorough the winter, snow, rain and salt etc

its a 12-25 cassette and I'm quite happy with the ratio's so i guess sticking with that is the best idea, chain has been on for the same time and gears switch no problems and the bike feels alright but its just general maintenance and the cassette slipped a couple of times over the past month.

http://upload.vstanced.com/images/2013/08/05/IMG201308051748292001.jpg

Caporegime
My wife had asked me what I wanted for my birthday ages ago, to which I replied a Rapha jacket, but couldn't decide between the hardshell or softshell, so would do some research - and promptly forgot about it of course.

So fast forward to tonight and well, I have a Rapha hardshell. Oh, and a softshell. She's awesome :).

Caporegime
Oh totally. She hasn't seen her sister or nephew/niece for 9 months, and due to circumstances won't see them until some time next year, or so she thinks.. For her birthday in September I've gotten her first class all the way to Nantes via a night in Paris (so we can go out for steak :p) to spend the weekend with their family. Queue massive brownie points ;).

Soldato
My wife had asked me what I wanted for my birthday ages ago, to which I replied a Rapha jacket, but couldn't decide between the hardshell or softshell, so would do some research - and promptly forgot about it of course.

So fast forward to tonight and well, I have a Rapha hardshell. Oh, and a softshell. She's awesome :).

Love it. :cool:

Mine got me this for our anniversary:

A tribute to the cows of the Alps. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom