PAYDAY 2

Caporegime
stop stirring goon :rolleyes:

all the threads i put my op that i prefer payday 1 after playing payday2 quite a bit. then as usual people just start bs.

why cant you just except i prefer payday 1. you may like payday 2 better great i don't. internet drama worse than jeremy kyle :p

Soldato
stop stirring goon :rolleyes:

all the threads i put my op that i prefer payday 1 after playing payday2 quite a bit. then as usual people just start bs.

why cant you just except i prefer payday 1. you may like payday 2 better great i don't. internet drama worse than jeremy kyle :p

Except you haven't even see the full version of Payday 2 so how exactly can you make that call just yet with such certainty?

Soldato
If people do not like what DG says just ignore it. You are all like fish in a pond waiting for the bait. And you all bite, the DG hook.

He has his opinion, you have yours. Its just the same with films, what one person likes another may not.

So the full game is not released, who cares DG doesn't like it, that's up to him. Not for anyone else having a go at someone that says they dont like it

Sorry Dons if this is off topic, but everyone blames DG. We all have an opinion, and we should all respect each others opinions. Not have a go a them, for it.

End of rant.

PS please dont ban me. :)

Soldato
I think I might wait to play this more after another update, or on release. I don't want to have enough of the game before it has even been released, plus my unlocks and progress will probably be reset again so what's the point of investing lots if time trying to get stuff.

Last edited:
Associate
Now that I'm getting used to the stealth portions of the bank levels, I'm starting to enjoy the game a lot more.

There's an element of team work required for this section, which is in keeping with the ethos of the game.

Soldato
Now that I'm getting used to the stealth portions of the bank levels, I'm starting to enjoy the game a lot more.

There's an element of team work required for this section, which is in keeping with the ethos of the game.

I've managed the Jewellery store solo and VERY nearly pulled it off even with the cops outside, damn civ managed to call the cops (the actual police, the 2 parked up across the street were dead) after I had to rush into the store because the last civ outside on the street spotted another tied up civ and cowered in front of the window which alerted everyone + guard inside so I had to rush in and obviously missed someone.

2 of us have done the Bank Heist. Its all about patience. You always get someone with itchy WASD fingers online who just can't sit bloody still and wait and before you know it they've got themselves trapped between a guard and a camera or ran into a guard or forgot a camera was there. Waiting for the bank manager and guards to separate themselves upstairs/out a door is key. The only part that really sucks is that if the bank manager goes out the back/side door you just can't leave him there because civs on the street will see him. So your only options are to kill him and bag the body or keep someone around to handle civs on the street which can potentially end up with a second civ spotting the first and alerting the lobby.

Permabanned
Has it been updated?

Steam downloaded something

BETA UPDATE #3
Here is the third beta update! It's quite small in comparison to the second one. But we're still friends... right?

Changelog

Owners of the CCE version of the game will have pre-order items from now on, gifted players will not get these items anymore
Characters should no longer walk in the middle of the air close to objects
While the player is in casing mode, civilians, guards and police will look at the player(s)
Technical fixes on levels, fixed several graph issues, characters should generally move better now
Updated localized text based on community feedback
Updated several text strings
Fixed issues related to animations depending on the FOV
Fixed other FOV related issues
Fixed a dissapearing monitor in the safe house
Fixed spots where the player could get stuck
Added orange text on DLC items,, which should now be clear that the skull mask is a "loot bag item" in orange text, just like an infamous item would
Fixed an issue where bags could be thrown out of the world
Fixed a bug where the game would crash if the player would view a corpse through a camera
Fixed a bug so that team AI now properly follows the player in missions
Fixed a bug where a converted enemy would stop to follow the player who converted it
Fixed a bug in the safe house where the player could throw the bag into a place where he couldn't reach it again
Fixed an issue where police officers would be "popping" on top of cars
Added minor tweaks to level details
Bulleted list
Reduced the drop chance of a "money" card during a PAYDAY

Q: Does this mean that my progress in the beta will reset yet again?
A: No, it will not reset unless something strange happens or you somehow have altered your save file.

Q: Does this mean that my save will carry over to release?
A: No, we will still reset everyone's profiles at release to provide a clean slate for all players.

Q: Can I save this mask I made though? Like, just sneak it through
A: Nope, sorry.

Associate
Steam now shows a release date of 13th August.

Less than a week to go before the full range of heists are unlocked.

With the masks, it appears that Overkill are trying to emulate the TF2 hat simulator game.

Permabanned
Steam now shows a release date of 13th August.

Less than a week to go before the full range of heists are unlocked.

With the masks, it appears that Overkill are trying to emulate the TF2 hat simulator game.

Yeah I seen that, thankful I got to play the beta as I won't be buying this, 1 reason being the above point with masks and the 2nd being the game will be inundated with cheaters, can't believe they're releasing a game that is so easy to hack with a basic program like cheat engine. There's a 30 page thread on the CE forum explaining how to get infinite money and skillpoints and even video tutorials showing how to do it.

Soldato
Yeah I seen that, thankful I got to play the beta as I won't be buying this, 1 reason being the above point with masks and the 2nd being the game will be inundated with cheaters, can't believe they're releasing a game that is so easy to hack with a basic program like cheat engine. There's a 30 page thread on the CE forum explaining how to get infinite money and skillpoints and even video tutorials showing how to do it.

Yes cheating sucks but you playing coop mode? as you don't cheat yourself you still can enjoy the game, the cheaters don't directly affect you.

Permabanned
Yes cheating sucks but you playing coop mode? as you don't cheat yourself you still can enjoy the game, the cheaters don't directly affect you.

Co-op is far more fun and I don't expect to always have friends online willing to play so I play with randoms a lot.

Permabanned
BETA UPDATE #4
The fourth update has come live! It lives, it lives!

Changelog

Players can not climb out of the safe house anymore
General GUI tweaks has been made, the PAYDAY cards now have higher resolution
During a PAYDAY, only weapon mods for weapons that you have unlocked can be dropped
You can now toggle if you want AI or not in the Planning Phase
Shotgun reload animations have been updated
Balanced the control phase - the more hostages you have the longer the law enforcers wait before they initiate
Fixed a bug where the Portable Saw would appear as a new item everytime you entered the inventory screen
Fixed a bug where the "new drop" icon would not dissapear in the main menu

Q: Does this mean that my progress in the beta will reset yet again?
A: No, it will not reset unless something strange happens or you somehow have altered your save file.

Thanks!

Almir
OVERKILL - a Starbreeze studio.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/246210/discussions/0/846960628413720466/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vctjE9f5ZTc

Back
Top Bottom