Hardcore rave

Caporegime
yea being born in 81 I was to young for the hardcore days :(
I guess I was old enough for the jungle days and bought some tape packs in the late 90's but some of the really hard people I knew that were rough as hell told me stories from some event's they had been to that put me off.

I got a picture far from unity and most people just having a good times, they made it sound almost gang mentality and you had to stick with people from the same city as you for safety

Caporegime
that's why i put about the pidgen holing and the music to me it was rave which just split into hardcore dnb jungle whatever. but i myself refer to it as mainly rave music.

after 92 i pretty much lost interest as it started to become to commercial and stuff like over the top happy hardcore bonkers and such for eg spawned :( and now all the big main tunes is liquid :confused::(

as with any genre it happens though and rap/hip hop did the very same about the same time aswell .

now another tune :p

mix of drum n bass but with hardcore in

Associate
still love the hardcore if I feel like listening to something different and a little trip down memory lane. Many a sweaty night spent in bagleys at Kings Cross in London, great venue, you could wander from the hardcore room to the DnB room in a couple of steps.

I must get my tape packs copied, some cracking sets on them from hardcore heavan, Dreamscape and Slammin vinyl.

Long live the hardcore:D

Soldato
OP
Many a sweaty night spent in bagleys at Kings Cross in London, great venue, you could wander from the hardcore room to the DnB room in a couple of steps.

I must get my tape packs copied, some cracking sets on them from hardcore heavan, Dreamscape and Slammin vinyl.

Long live the hardcore:D

Just watched all of this (good sunday watch)

Im sure i recognise 1 or 2 guys in there that i met at Vibealite in Leeds at Mission in around 2007. Yes, they were a bit older but still had the same energy :)

Man of Honour
It was mostly jungle for me in the 90s but went to all sorts of nights. I ******* loved it! Have had a bit of a resurgence of interest recently has have spent a few festivals in the dance areas.

Caporegime
too me thats just after the peak :p 1993 onwards .

then it became more like bonkers and shizzle. bit more comedy over the top sped up.

everyone has preferences and that will be personal.

Toytown. The turning point of happy hardcore, some people say it was the death others the best thing to happen for the genre.

IMO it was the best thing, it brought the happy into happy hardcore. :)

Soldato
OP
Toytown. The turning point of happy hardcore, some people say it was the death others the best thing to happen for the genre.

IMO it was the best thing, it brought the happy into happy hardcore. :)

Certainly the turning point. Not sure if it was a good thing or bad thing - It's like bringing Rusko and Skrilled into Dubstep. Bad in the way that now the music has gone way too commercial and is rubbish, good that allowed many nights to start. Dubstep in 2007 was (likes of Rusko & Caspa Fabric live 37) was awesome

Back on Hardcore - this night looks to be very good. Just not paying £100+ on the train or bus for 12 hours total - http://www.lakota.co.uk/whats-on/details/246-rr?b=

DJ Supreme!!

Soldato
Dreamscape vs Hardcore Till I Die Live in Northamption 5pm till 5am, Top Buzz, Hixxy, Mickey Finn been on earlier, loads of oldskool E-Tunes.

Click here to watch live >> http://www.roughtempolive.com/ravetv1/index.html

fwic.jpg

Soldato
Tranzmission at Ali Pali every April has a proper 80's/90's Hardcore area.

Was always good fun to go spend a good hour in there to make the night more rounded.

Likewise would have to go and listen to some 90's D&B as well. Love it.

Associate
I know most of you are old skool lovers but I threw together a mix the other day featuring 20 hardcore tracks from the last two decades.

It starts off with breakbeat hardcore and moves through the ages right up to the modern day sound. So you old skool folk can bail at any time.

I tried to include cheesy tunes from all eras, because who doesn't love a bit of cheddar?

The mix is hosted on mixcloud which is a completely legal UK based mix/podcast host. They pay out royalties to the artists and do not allow downloading, so hopefully no OCUK mods are going to go mental!

Associate
I've loved hardcore ever since a mate brought round a recording of Cubic 22's "Night In Motion" he'd taped off Radio 1 of all places. That mixture of uplifting piano/synths then dropping into the harder main riff was so unlike anything I'd heard before, I was hooked.

It took a while to get into jungle, I was more into stuff on Rising High, R&S, Kickin', etc and, despite going to a few raves, realised I could tolerate happy hardcore but never really found a love for it; it was too bouncy & cheesey and I only bought a handful of releases.

Anyway, here's a few of my early rave faves:

Jody Wisternoff "X-Psych-Ting"

Jump to 28:48 for Freestyle & DJR "Ten 44" (couldn't find it on its own)

DJ Edge "Cmpnded"

Soldato
OP
Ok, not hardcore this time but Sundissential always put on a good hard house/hard dance do.

Think I might go to this on 30th November

https://www.facebook.com/events/228310877322957/

A good video here from Evolution in 2003. I wasn't at this one but did go to one in 2006 at Evolution

The atmosphere at these nights is unreal. Made better by all the 'Cyber' wear

Back
Top Bottom