Who should be the next person to play Batman?

Caporegime
I don't know who would play the next Batman, they would have to set this in a different 'universe' would they not?

Nolan's Batman films are really not linked in with anything else and fitting other super heroes in would have been very difficult, or so I would have thought.

This Batman, Synder's Batman, would have to be much more 'comic book' no? I think I'd like to see a physically big Batman, but someone who looks very rugged and tough too, more of a classical tough guy look, not a good looking actor?

Anyway; the film is a long way off and while I'm moderately excited, I don't have very high expectations. I thought Nolan's Batman (and the Burton films) were excellent and very, very hard to top. I also, really enjoyed the new Superman right up until it got all 'smash-y' but yet still preferred the Reeves actual performance of Superman.

Caporegime
I guess Synders Batman would have to be comparable to Synders Man of Steel - hmmm, thats not a great start, though it could have been worse IMHO

I dont see how that could ever involve an 'older' Batman...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
Alexander Skarsgaard? He's be a bit too tall perhaps but could play the Bruce Wayne part pretty well I reckon.

Otherwise I'd go for either Karl Urban or John Hamm for an interesting take on the character.

Soldato
OP
Christian Bale ‘offered $50 million for Batman vs Superman’ despite repeated denials

Christian Bale has reportedly been offered $50 million (£32m) to reprise his Dark Knight role in the upcoming Superman vs Batman film, despite having previously said appearing in the movie would be ‘greedy’.

Warner Bros is believed to have approached Bale with a $50 million contract and are keen for him to capitalise on the Dark Knight trilogy’s success with another outing of his take on Batman.

The 39-year-old has repeatedly said he is not interested however, previously explaining: ‘We were incredibly fortunate to get to make three [Batman films]. That’s enough. Let’s not get greedy.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/08/13/chris...vs-superman-despite-repeated-denials-3921745/

Not the most reliable of sources, but when I read that I thought:

:p

Soldato
He just wants to bow out before they totally screw it up, though he would be the best choice rather than introducing someone else imo.
Also, he knows that if he does do it, he'll then get roped in to doing Justice League and whatever else.

I honestly don't get why people go on about how Superman couldn't exist in the Nolan-verse with Batman. Seriously, someone break it down for me? :)

I can see why he wouldn't want to be involved in this considering that he wouldn't be working with Nolan and MoS was a bit of a let down for many people. Then again, so was TDKR for a fair few.

Last edited:
Soldato
God please no more Bale.

Nolans version of Batman would be destroyed, he was pretty useless really, he took on a hand ful of bad guys and apparently all his joints where completely knackered out, possessed NONE of the incredible detective/ thinking that was Batmans greatest strength, and more or less no physical abilities without completely relaying on his suit/ gadgets.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Lets be honest why would Bale be interested in what looks most likely DCs best attempt to kill off Batman as a film character we want to watch...

I really dont get the love for Superman, I think hes a terrible character

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
Harsh, but Rises really just destroyed everything that made the Batman character.

Considering the quote announcing the film was taken from the comic, word for word, it going to be strange, as the Batman/Bruce was pretty ****ed off with the world, didnt really use that many gadgets ( though a crazy ass tank was involved), but all his hand to hand fighting was based on his almost super human reactions and fighting ability.
None of which Bale did, like absolutely none, he was slow, cumbersome, didnt break any bones, and was overall a bit of a wuss.
They need to find someone that can do the same kind of abilities that was well done in a film like Watchmen, normal people that had some kind of physical abilities, and not such a pansy.

Back
Top Bottom