Who here owns a Renaultsport?

Associate
Umming and arrring at the moment over a 250/265.

Keep going round in circles about the 182 being perfectly adequate now. Would extend the mortgage (have a low LTV) and could save and clear the increase within about 2 years. Would cost around £70 more per month for the duration.

Anyone here moved up to a 250/265, would be interested to hear your experience and also any differences for consumables/servicing etc and ofc extra potential from tuning.

I moved to the 250 after a 200. Its probably not the answer you are after but its actually cheaper to run than a Clio. Same tax, cheaper insurance (for me), cheaper on fuel. The only added cost so far is the tyres which are more expensive due to being 18's but obviously that depends how long you have the car if this cost even has an impact or not.

I recommend it :)

Soldato
I moved to the 250 after a 200. Its probably not the answer you are after but its actually cheaper to run than a Clio. Same tax, cheaper insurance (for me), cheaper on fuel. The only added cost so far is the tyres which are more expensive due to being 18's but obviously that depends how long you have the car if this cost even has an impact or not.

I recommend it :)

Cheers, may PM you closer to the time. Temped to get back on 2 wheels and stick with what I have. Decisions!

Soldato
Realistically what's my car worth? £1k?

2001 Y Clio 172 phase 1

119k miles. 11 months MOT.
Cambelt, aux belt and dephaser pully changed this year
New brakes all round this year.
Lowered
Clio Williams alloys
new exhaust
All tyres are PE2s with plenty of tread.
phase 2 side strips and door handles.

Few age related marks, couple of tiny trolley dents on the drivers door. Headlights are cloudy.

Caporegime
What got replaced last time it did it?

Coil pack and plugs were replaced last time, fault cleared.

Checked the codes at the weekend and showing injector #1 IIRC. Cleared the faults and seems to be running fine for the time being, the car doesn't get used much (which probably doesn't help).

Been told to put some injector cleaner in with the fuel.....

If not it looks like the next step is to start replacing injectors.

Associate
Anyone have any experience with lowering springs on the 182 cup packed?

Was at 519 having some work done and he picked up the front drivers side spring has cracked at the base.

It works out about £190 in parts for two genuine springs or £169 fitted for some PI lowering springs.

Just worried about ride quality and cornering performance (2.5cm drop) as I'm hardly in to the slam your car scene.

Caporegime
I have Cup shocks and Eibach Sportlines and my car is tediously harsh on normal roads. It depends on the specific springs, but unless you want a lower firmer ride I would stick with stock.

Soldato
Picked up an 02 plate 172 yesterday, grinning from ear to ear today, so much fun to drive, feels like a super powered go kart.

lBEAeaT.jpg.png

Cost me £1430, in the last year it's had a new clutch, cambelt, water pump, exhaust. Back tyres are virtually new, front tyres have loads of tread. New disks/pads/calipers in the last year. Had a load of receipts for all work done. Mot until April next year, tax until end of October.

Alloys won't be to everyone's taste but I really do like them. The bodywork has some minor dinks and marks that can be touched up, it is an 11 year old car though so it's expected.

Had a budget of up to £2300 so still have £800 for any unexpected problems.

Only problem so far is costant buzzing noise in the car, google shows me it's the climate control sensor by the interior lights, will pick one of these up and change at the weekend.

Going by what i've seen similar cars going for an AT, Gumtree, Ebay and PH over the last few weeks, I feel like i've got a fairly good deal.

Also got a £95 refund on my insurance as well. :D

Soldato
It is, and it'll be happier when you've sorted out those dreadful alloys :)

I'm a stubborn bugger, the more I know it'll bug people, the more i'll be adamant to keep them.

Seriously though, personal preference, I really like them over the standards. However the turini's you mentioned do look good, what sort of price for a set?

Back
Top Bottom