Insanity DVD

Soldato
I have the Insanity DVD but currently suffering from plantar fasciitis which is inflammation of the tendon between the heel and toes. One of the causes of this is overweight and without my 5-a-side football every week I am really struggling to get any fitness.

How much impact is this, will it hurt my feet to do this every day/other day?

Cheers

Mat

http://www.patient.co.uk/health/plantar-fasciitis

Soldato
I'm 3 weeks in now, noticed my mid section has started to slim out a bit, love handles are going down and my belly is shrking slowly, too.

I've read from various different people that the bigger differences come in the second month.

Its still bloody hard, have to kick myself up the bum to get it done but once i've done it i feel great.

Caporegime
Currently doing "real" weights. Not sure what your point is besides misguided gloating.

Sorry I thought you meant the DVD of one of the weight training programmes. I was also only having a laugh, I don't really care what you do. If it works for you then it works.

Soldato
I have the Insanity DVD but currently suffering from plantar fasciitis which is inflammation of the tendon between the heel and toes. One of the causes of this is overweight and without my 5-a-side football every week I am really struggling to get any fitness.

How much impact is this, will it hurt my feet to do this every day/other day?

Cheers

Mat

http://www.patient.co.uk/health/plantar-fasciitis

The first week i did it my legs/muscles killed. Most of the first month is all lower half work, although the pain was MUCH less once i started drinking protein shakes.

Soldato
Hmm thanks. Might have to give it a miss for a while then.

I've realised how this has been caused. Change in work dress code, I have had to wear shoes for the last 2 months as opposed to comfy trainers. I find it more difficult to walk on the shiny floors at work and so this must have had a negative effect on my stance/legs/heel.

Hmm the only low impact fitness is cycling and swimming then. Every little helps I guess

Soldato
You could give it a try but obviously the first signs of pain thats not your muscles being worked.. stop.

The fitness test is a good indication of whats to come, its all about pushing yourself and retaining commitment i find. When i first started i tried to keep up with their pace, didn't work for me. Now i do what they do but as much as i can physically manage.

Soldato
I'm 3 weeks in now, noticed my mid section has started to slim out a bit, love handles are going down and my belly is shrking slowly, too.

I've read from various different people that the bigger differences come in the second month.

Its still bloody hard, have to kick myself up the bum to get it done but once i've done it i feel great.

The differences are absolutely more apparent in the latter part of the second month. The wife has much less to tone up and lose than I do, and she didn't really feel like there was much difference until looking at the photos she took.

I'm a MAN, so I don't do photos for comparison. Can tell in the mirror, though... and the t-shirts that I haven't worn for two years. :D

Sorry I thought you meant the DVD of one of the weight training programmes. I was also only having a laugh, I don't really care what you do. If it works for you then it works.

No worries. Perhaps shouldn't be so touchy, in all honesty. Working with free weights at the moment for a few months, then need to get more cardio back in to the daily grind *ahem* I mean, pleasurable exercise.

If I'd known how much I'd be spending kitting out my house with bloody bars and plates, though, I'd have had second thoughts. Now need to buy a rack/stand to keep it all tidy! Also tempted to get some adjustable dumbbells to save time as re-doing bars begins to do my nut. Time is precious for me on a daily basis and every extra minute spent changing plates makes me silently rage.

Watching a few of the routines there is a lot of running on the spot/high knees. Might hurt quite a bit.

If you have any kind of leg problems then be careful. Get some knee supports. High knees, running, constant jumping. A large number of the exercises, whether it's running or jumping, involve bringing the knees to a high position. It will take its toll, for sure.

Funnily enough, I've actually suffered from shinsplints since I was a teenager but they've given me much less hassle on a general basis since finishing Insanity, and only occasionally caused me to have to stop mid-exercise to cool them down (mostly the running on the spot-based things). Still, knees... ouch.

Associate
I started insanity in January at a rather portly 16 stone in weight ( i'm 5'11' ) and other than missing about 4 weeks ( work/ill/being away ) i've kept it up all this time!

When i started i was in pretty bad shape and, looking back, i've no idea how i got through those first few months.

The weight felt like it took a long time to start shifting, and my diet has evolved over the 7 months but it's now in a good place compared to a year ago. Anyway, i avoided weighing myself for the first few months as I'd read that people didn't notice much difference and i didn't need to give myself reasons to stop. Started weighing myself fortnightly in March ( I was about 15 stone at this point ) and last week i'm down to 13 stone 9.

Like others have said, it's not so much the weight loss but the change in body shape. Back end of last year i was starting to struggle to fit into 36" jeans. I'm now needing a belt for 34" stuff and comfortably wearing 32". And my fitness... started back on mountain biking in Feb after 2/3 years of being a lazy slob, the first climb on that first run nearly had me crying i was struggling so much. The route i started out on took me over 3 hours to do approx 18km i can do that in just under the 2 now.

It isn't for everybody but doing insanity has definitley changed my life.

Soldato
Think I'm going to give this a try, don't know anything about protein supliments though, can someone link to something worth buying please? Also when (time of day) should I take it and how much?

Also, would this workout be ok for someone who can't straighen one of their arms fully or bend it up to their shoulder?

Thanks,

G

Man of Honour
Think I'm going to give this a try, don't know anything about protein supliments though, can someone link to something worth buying please? Also when (time of day) should I take it and how much?

Also, would this workout be ok for someone who can't straighen one of their arms fully or bend it up to their shoulder?

Thanks,

G

What's your diet like? You probably infact almost certainly don't NEED a protein supplement.

Soldato
Rubbish I'd say, I usually have cereal for breakfast and lunch (only because I'm a cheapskate :p ) and then a main meal for dinner which varies between proccessed crap and home made lasagne's, curries, chilli, pizza etc.

Back
Top Bottom