Kick Ass 2

Soldato
Going to see it Wednesday, rather excited. From the trailers it looks to follow the comics pretty well which is a very good thing. Looking forward to it!

Soldato
Just watched it, was biggest pile of crap I've seen in a while.

Plot was nonsensical. A lot of it was conversation about "you should be a normal person", "no you've gotta be a superhero. Backwards and forwards like that. It turns into mean girls half way through. There's a whole one direction boy band(i dont know who they were) advertising section to get the girls in I suppose.

The action scenes were boring and unmemorable. Dodgy green screens, arms flailing about, shaking cam quick cuts, and no rhythm or uniqueness.

You knew what was going, before it happened. They kept saying this was real life and nothing that happens in it is like real life. It had bad and inappropriate jokes. The whole thing comes across like a quick cheap cash in.

Associate
I liked it but its not as good as the first by a long way

Agree with some of the comments above, for a good while its hard to tell where the film is going.

Jim Carreys role feels far too short

What was the last scene about like ? is there going to be a third ?

Last edited:
Soldato
Just got back myself..

Not bad.. was hoping for more but wasn't too bad at all! A few snappy one liners too and the SIC stick.. well.. :D

Agree with the above.. I honestly thought that Jim Carey's role would have been more of a solid one in the film..

Worth the £5 to get in..

3* out of 5 from me :)

Soldato
I thought it was brilliant, but I did almost leave when
Colonel Stars and Stripes got killed. I mean, what a waste of potential... There were also some other weird decisions, such as killing Mr. Lizewski. I mean, wut? :confused:
One highlight was Mother Russia, whom I was both terrified of and attracted to, in equal measure.

I'd definitely recommend going to see it, if you enjoyed the first one, and even if you didn't. 7.5/10 for me.

Back
Top Bottom