Would you rather have £2m or 2m hours (228 years)?

Soldato
I'd take the money, pay off my mortgage set up a trust for my little lad and then carry on living life as usual but with the knowledge that my family has enough money if it is needed.

To be honest I'd be happy just having enough to pay off my mortgage as that would make a huge difference to my life!

Soldato
Hmm. Knowing that you have the ability to live 200 years (barring accident) could make a person seriously risk adverse.

Sounds terribly boring.

The improvements in life expectancy we have already achieved over the last 50 years or so have already had that effect! And it is really quite bad for society as a whole!

Man of Honour
You can't shelter yourself from death, your going to experience it many times. So I don't see why people say the money so much. Unless you happen to be one of the first to die so you don't experience the loss.

J.T

J.T

Soldato
You can't shelter yourself from death, your going to experience it many times. So I don't see why people say the money so much. Unless you happen to be one of the first to die so you don't experience the loss.

Also (and I know this is going to sound heartless but it isn’t meant to be) you will get to see your grandchildren and their children and their children grow and you will have the opportunity to have another family or maybe more.

Yes it would be devastating and you would never truly get over it but...

Soldato
I'm pretty much miserable most of the time, tired of life etc., but to know I would be guaranteed to live for another 228 years I reckon I could have some fun with that.

A hell of a lot of fun.

Money comes and goes, you can't buy time.

Is there a stipulation as to whether I could top myself before the time is up? I might get bored or a bunch of "SWAG" people could take over.

Soldato
OP
Is there a stipulation as to whether I could top myself before the time is up? I might get bored or a bunch of "SWAG" people could take over.

Yeah you could still top yourself. Basically nothing changes except you don't age for 228 years.

Edit: Your answer is quite interesting. If you are miserable and tired of life now, why do you think it would improve if it was longer?

Associate
£2m. I could do everything i wanted with that in the time i have. Whereas in 228 years i would have done everything i wanted to long before it was up and then what? Boredom.

Back
Top Bottom