Factory reset on android mobile but remembered my wifi password

Associate
Hi,

Bit confused here and wondered if anyone else has experienced this. I've just done a factory reset on my android phone and after it booted back up it automatically logged into my router even with it being password protected. Anyone else has this with Android? It's the latest version and the mobile is Samsung Galaxy Y.

Thanks

Associate
I think if you select Backup My Data under your Google account it backs up wifi passwords along with everything else. When you entered your Google account details after the factory reset it will have restored the password.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the reply. I don't think I've ever chose Google to backup my data but my guess it that is what's happened. Not to sure that I like the big G keeping my router password like that, may have to look into account settings to stop it.

Thanks again

Associate
I think if you select Backup My Data under your Google account it backs up wifi passwords along with everything else. When you entered your Google account details after the factory reset it will have restored the password.

Erm, this may be a silly question, but how did it connect to Google to get his password if he hadn't connected to his wi-fi?

Back
Top Bottom