What tree is this?

Soldato
Specifically what I want to know though, is how tall it will grow? I've cut the lower branches off and have realised that it is a nice tree but if it is going to grow any more then it needs to be cut down.

AzQusZi.jpg.png

hPRO7UG.jpg

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Soldato
OP
Its a triffid

It's not eaten me yet. :D

I thought it was an Ash too. My parents had doubts and then started talking about different sub types of Ash trees too but I have no idea if that makes a difference.

So to sum up, it's going to grow more so therefore needs to be chopped down as it is only a couple of metres from the house.

Permabanned
You might need to notify insurance of trees that high that close to your propertyl.
:confused:
There is a tree that big about 2ft from my door, never had a problem.

It's that kind of thinking that prompts people to cut down perfectly safe trees, and then they biatch that there is no wildlife left.

It does need pruning though, looks like it has been left to spread for a few years.

Soldato
He is right though, you do have to inform the insurance company of any large shrub or tree within 5 meters of your property, or they might not pay out if there ever was a problem.

It's something not always asked on the online forms, but it's often hidden in the small print. One of the comparison sites asks if there is a tree or shrub within 5 meters and when i ticked it, half of the insurers disappeared and the ones that were left were more expensive :(.

Associate
If you try and chop the tree down I imagine it will say something like:

Come get some

or

Hail to the king, baby

Back
Top Bottom