Summer Transfer Window 2013/2014 aka Arsenal , we can afford folks and the mancs really want Fellani

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
I'm looking forward to seeing Southampton play against the top 6.

Especially Wanyama and Osvaldo, Wanyama would walk into the Arsenal and United team tbh, he's a lot like Yaya Toure, his stamina is lacking though. He's the main reason Celtic done so well in the Champions League last year and £12.5 million I feel was far too cheap for him, but again it was a record scottish transfer and he wasn't signing a new contract, staying would have guaranteed us over £20 million in extra income this season.

There's no way we are getting out of the group stages without him, Hooper and Wilson, unless we get very lucky and Ambrose turns consistently good.

Caporegime
I think Fellaini and Baines will happen, perhaps for more than we'd ideally want to pay, but we are better with them than without.

Agent Moyes trying not to make it obvious he's doing an inside job by making a ridiculously low bid before doing Kenwright a parting gift by paying 35+ for the pair ;)

Soldato
What cost Liverpool in that transfer window was trying to buy British and it severely bit them back. I think prem clubs have learned from what Liverpool did and are now a lot less inclined to buy British as you can get a better player from abroad for a lot less.

When Tom Huddlestone left Spurs for Hull City Tigers, he gave an interviewing moaning that Spurs have ripped up their British players policy and are buying a load of foreigners. He said British players like David Bentley and Jemaine Jenas weren't giving a chance. I wonder why they weren't? :p

Soldato
Agent Moyes trying not to make it obvious he's doing an inside job by making a ridiculously low bid before doing Kenwright a parting gift by paying 35+ for the pair ;)

i hope its 40+ for the pair. shafted over rooney, don;t want the same to happen again.

just hope he uses ovieda and get's a good replacement in. if he put alcaraz at left back if baines goes, i'll cry.

Soldato
Gomis and thauvin to Newcastle. Newcastle officials are over trying to secure the deals.

More frogs. Thauvin is a top talent mind

Thauvin would be excellent for us. I've been saying it for ages we need a winger. We are far too narrow. Gutierrez and Ben Arfa are not wingers, they cannot deliver a decent ball to save their lives.

Hopefully we get Gomis over the line this time, instead of messing about over a few £K here and there. He's got power, and the strength we need up top. Cisse was so weak last night it was embarrassing.

Man of Honour
well, as it would appear that we have missed out on Willian...and given that the pursuit of him would seem to suggest that Brendan is looking for an attacking midfielder type, might I perhaps make a small suggestion Mr Rodgers?

Keisuke Honda. :D

Much cheaper than Willian, lucrative asian marketing profits and a damned good player on top ! I know he technically has a deal agreed in principal with AC Milan for January next year, but you never know might be able to do something.

Last edited:
Associate
Spurs have more than enough money to afford this without selling bale. AVB got promised 50m to spend. That's not including the 50/100m government grant spurs got on their new stadium + the selling of a few players and releasing about 5/6 players too.

Caporegime
Dont understand why Wenger wont at least make a bid for Rooney, he played pretty well against Swansea...created 2 of the goals for Utd.

Mind boggling stuff from Wenger, we need a striker/forward of world class quality but he wont even put in a bid for Rooney. Cant be any worse than our royal **** up that was Suarez lol. At least try Wenger you clueless muppet:p

Soldato
Dont understand why Wenger wont at least make a bid for Rooney, he played pretty well against Swansea...created 2 of the goals for Utd.

Mind boggling stuff from Wenger, we need a striker/forward of world class quality but he wont even put in a bid for Rooney. Cant be any worse than our royal **** up that was Suarez lol. At least try Wenger you clueless muppet:p

They are'nt going to sell him, lol..They know this. It's like Man U bidding for Fabregas. Pointless.

Last edited:
Caporegime
They are'nt going to sell him, lol..They know this. It's like Man U bidding for Fabregas. Pointless.

Well they say money talks:p. Point im trying to make is that if we bid £40mill on Suarez, who also was not for sale then just put in a £40mill+ bidon Rooney and see if Utd jump...if they dont then fair enough but wont know till we try.

Utd wont sell him to Chelsea as it would make them much more stronger whereas Arsenal would be strong but we still need a few more players to make us proper competitors for the EPL title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom