*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Caporegime
since Amazon have confirmed stock and orders which are guaranteed delivery on release day.

would be nice to know how many ocuk have on order guaranteed for release day, especially since they claimed they would be ordering from the same distributor as everyone else in the UK.

Soldato
If that's not the only game going to have a difference sure be a killer for one of the consoles, add that with hUMA... game over man game over.

If you're making a choice based purely on graphics then just buy a PC and a 1440p monitor. The reality is that any differences in multiplatform titles are likely to be slight at best. It will be good to see how the extra power is used is exclusives though.

I'll still get a PS4 at launch but I do feel that XB1 actually has a better launch line-up and if I was only buying one console then I'd probably go XB1 right now and pick up a PS4 once Infamous is out as that's the only exclusive in the launch window that really interests me.

Caporegime
MS do seem to be focusing on paying big lumps of cash in order to get exclusive deals and content for their range of games.

i dont think i have ever seen sony have exclusive DLC content for a game that was also available on eggbox

Soldato
Does the launch line up determine which console will be your main one over a generation? I look at the PS4/XB1 line up and see most of the same games, but looking how the last gen went i know that I cant wait to play the next Naughty Dog, Sony Santa Monica, PD and Quantic Dreams games on the PS4.

Associate
Not for me, I personally play more of the cross console / pc games like Battlefield, AC etc. Exclusive are nice to have if they are really good like MGS4, but not many are exclusive anymore ie GTA or MGS

Soldato
Does the launch line up determine which console will be your main one over a generation? I look at the PS4/XB1 line up and see most of the same games, but looking how the last gen went i know that I cant wait to play the next Naughty Dog, Sony Santa Monica, PD and Quantic Dreams games on the PS4.

Im keeping to PS4 because my friends are online with it mainly, i like the look of titanfall and DR3 but it's not enough to make me want to switch, and i know i would never use Kinect, PS move has been used twice since having it :o

Caporegime

Not solely, but there aren't many things you can base buying an unreleased console on (irrational reasons exist like loyalty/fanboyism etc :) ).

1) Launch titles and Announced titles
2) Titles you can guess will come based on previous Gen
3) What your mates have
4) Price

If you could only buy one and you wanted it at/around launch I think you would be basing it partly on launch titles (unless you want to buy the console and stare at it till good games are released!)

Tempted to order it on amazon.es (probably need to get someone to help me though!!)

rp2000

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom