Who should be the next person to play Batman?

Associate
Fassbender? No - but he would make a brilliant Joker.

I agree with cu3ed - the more I see of the Nolan films the less I like them. There's too much gadgetry and not enough physicality. Fight scenes were not brutal enough. They did it better in Watchmen - and now I think of it the fights in the Guy Ritchie Sherlock Holmes movies where the analytical approach of Holmes was very Batman-like.

And the Bale 'Batman-growl' :( Won't miss that at all.

Soldato
The last 4 films I've seen Affleck in were superb and he acted everyone else off the screen.

Which begs the question would he get involved in the load of tosh as I presume he's been unfortunate enough to see Man of Steel?

Soldato
Ok. Yes Ben Affleck is going to play Batman. Yes (mostly) everyone is not happy about the news. But hey! YOU or ME didn't audition Ben. We are not Zack Snyder, Christopher Nolan or the WB execs who saw his screen test or suit fitting. We didn't give him a few lines to read with Henry Cavill et all. We didn't put his name down on the list.

So, let's just hold off on the conclusions until the movie has been released!

It's become such a norm these days (especially with superhero/comic book movies) that people (read GEEKS) love to hate on the casting choices of popular characters. And I get that. Hell, I was very vocal when they cast Ryan Reynolds as Hal Jordan. Same with Heath as Joker (we know how that one turned out!).

My first instant reaction when I heard the news was "BEN AFFLECK?? BEN ****** AFFLECK?!?!" But I have taken a bit of time to read other people's reactions and comments and it's pretty much the same everywhere: "OMG THEY CAST BEN???" "HE'S GOING TO RUIN THE FRANCHISE!!!". ENOUGH COMPLAINING ALREADY!!

Clearly WB saw something in Ben that we collectively don't see. Also, his last two movies were critically acclaimed with the second winning a Best Picture at the Oscars this year.

Let's first of all wait for a pic of him in the suit, the script/plot, trailers and then the movie itself!!

/rant/breathe

Soldato
OP
He definitely increased his stock with Argo, no doubt about it. That was a fantastic movie. But I just don't think he was the right pick for the part, when people like Josh Brolin were being talked about.

Still, I will try my hardest to keep an open mind (and yes, it will be hard).

Soldato
OP
I just found this highly scientific poll on Variety. :p

Screen_Shot_2013_08_23_at_10_43_02.png

Back
Top Bottom