Silly question regarding Dell warranty

Associate
This is a bit of a silly question but I couldn't find the answer online. I've just had my U2711 replaced and they delivered a U2713H today and are going to be picking up the old U2711 tomorrow. Is the old monitor supposed to be packed away into the box the new one came in? I ask because the stands of the two monitors are radically different and it's not easy fitting the old U2711 in the box with it designed to hold the stand of the U2713H. I also read (a while ago) you literally just hand the monitor to the courier who turns up (but I'm doubting this)

Any clarification on this would be helpful

(sorry for the stupid question)

Associate
No question is stupid.

I assume you took the stand off? If it doesn't fit put the monitor in the box and the stand in the box even if its protruding or tape the stand to the outside... alternatively if you want yo keep the box for future warranty of your current monitor... wrap the entire monitor generously in bubble wrap. I would go bubble wrap and keep the box as I've done so in the past.

Associate
I had my 3011 replaced last week with a 3014. I returned the 3011 in its original box as I may need the new box & there is no way I could fit the 3011 into a 3014 box. In fact they had to replace it again 2 days later because of backlight bleed, for the second swap I did follow their instructions and returned the first 3014 in the second 3014's box.

I can't fault Dell's warranty service, they transferred the remaining 4 years of my 5 year extended warranty and I have a better monitor.

Back
Top Bottom