Summer Transfer Window 2013/2014 aka Arsenal , we can afford folks and the mancs really want Fellani

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Encouraging at least for Arsenal, but all depends on Tottenham. :(

They will just drag it out untill the last few mins so Arsenal have no time to make any deals.

That isn't very encouraging at all, Arsenal still need a defender or 2, much more than any other position. These attacking players are good for the people that just want money to be spent because they're big name.

Soldato
Coates and skittles aren't trusted by BR (Coates has been injured for 3 weeks regardless and it's a half a season job) Kelly has played 1 game roughly at cb in 6 odd years and wisdom is 20/21. So we have 2 cb's that the management rely on. We have been linked to the Dutch lad for 2 months at least if he is good enough now (hence our pathetically late bid) he was good enough then.

Overpriced? He has just moved for under 5 million. Sounds like a perfect 3rd choice to me.

I assume you were happy with our dicking around last summer too & we all know how we'll that played out.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Arsenal's new striker!!!!

Blog.

(So basically, that is it then. Two free transfers for the summer. He has settled for Sczeny andFabianski for N01 and our 'new' striker is Bentner!)

What a depressing summer for Arsenal....

While that story manages to accuse Bendtner of screwing any moves for being on too high a wage, yet they talk about 50k a week when it simply is not a high wage anymore.

But it also suggests that Wenger had it in his mind that Bendtner could only leave IF they signed other players, which again suggests Wenger is the reason Bendtner couldn't move on.

As for Benzema/Ozil/Di Maria, Arsenal fans are living in a dream land. Much like Fabregas two of them have stated quite simply that they don't want to leave. If Arsenal had say a 25mil bid accepted for Ozil and the club had told him without doubt he wouldn't play, 4 more clubs would come in the day after with the same bid, be accepted and Ozil would go to a team with an actual chance of winning something.

Wenger 5 years ago was a draw to the club, players saw Arsenal as genuine contenders and thought it was comparable in chances to moving to a Utd or any top two team in any league. Today, no player thinks that(no matter what they say to be nice). We bid 25mil, Utd bid 25mil, who would Ozil choose?

But its still likely media BS, okay Real get Bale... but get rid of half of their attacking players in one fell swoop? Is Bale going to play three positions in 65+ games this year in an 9 man team? They might ditch ONE of those players, their only senior striker... extremely unlikely. If they ditch anyone its likely to be Ozil as they've bought some quite expensive central midfielders of late and Ozil isn't particularly effective on the wing. If they want to rest Ronaldo or Bale a winger as back up seems most sensible, they've got loads of players defensive and creative or both who can play in central midfield.

Soldato
Wenger 5 years ago was a draw to the club, players saw Arsenal as genuine contenders and thought it was comparable in chances to moving to a Utd or any top two team in any league. Today, no player thinks that..

Yeah players will choose the best team that is after them, naturally. They want to win stuff and play with the best players. City and Chelsea are streets ahead in terms of squad quality, it's not a level playing field. You can never seem to grasp that mate..

Caporegime
Yeah players will choose the best team that is after them, naturally. They want to win stuff and play with the best players. City and Chelsea are streets ahead in terms of squad quality, it's not a level playing field. You can never seem to grasp that mate..

Why precisely is it you chose to quote things like that, restate precisely what I've just said in different words, then pretend you are proving a point that I don't get.... even though its exactly what I said already?

Soldato
Downing never played left side, he was always on the right (shows how bad he was really). Aspas is Downing's replacement.

There have been some weak links to Sakho, I just wish the club had gone for a cb (like they apparently wanted) before the injury to Kolo, why not go for Aiderwilde (whatever) earlier? Why wait until we get an injury, it's retarded.

Yes he did he swapped about and covered left back a couple times, regardless of that doesn't change fact we need a winger. Regarding cb now teams will know we need them sooner than before we will probably over pay or pay near to what we would have a few weeks ago. I just hope it's all resolved soon

Soldato
Rafael Hernández @RafaelH117

Jose Urrutia (Athletic Bilbao President) said in a press conference just now a €30m offer was submitted.

Ander Herrera will only leave Athletic Bilbao if #MUFC covers his €36m release clause.

Stump up the cash, Woodward.

Bilbao have also said they won't negotiate:

“There is an offer for Ander Herrera,” he said.

“We received it yesterday and we have informed them that we will not negotiate for our players.”

So it's pay the clause, get the man. Don't and he isn't coming.

Apparently he said:

"The clubs goal is not money & will only sell if a player wants to leave or a release clause is met"

Last edited:
Caporegime
So as i thought Bender going to be given another chance at Arsenal:p. If Wenger is going to give him another shot at the squad then i hope that this time round, he sorts himself out and bangs in some goals for us but im not holding my breath for that happening lol.

3 days left and other than Flamini, no money has been spent so dont know what to think anymore. I live in vain hope that come Monday we will have some more signings but at this this moment and listening to what Wenger is coming out with, i dont expect any quality signings to come through our door.

As for the Real trio ie Benzema, Di Maria and Ozil?? they wont be coming to us, its nothing but a pipe dream for us to bag those 3. Fact is all 3 have said they are not looking to move from a title winning side to a side that will struggle all season and i dont blame them one single bit. There is nothing attractive about Arsenal anymore, we have a manager thats too scared to spend money and take chances. Of course we play some attractive football but we are not trophy or title contenders in the slightest and we all know players like to come to sides that win trophies rather than fall at the first hurdle.

Meh so much for that £70mill warchest that we were told we have at our disposal. Finally Wenger cannot seriously come out with the excuse that he couldnt find top quality players when teams around us ie Spurs have signed quite a few quality players now. Its an excuse that doesnt pass anymore tbqh.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom