Porsche Owners Thread - If you own one or just like or hate them! :)

OcUK Staff
OP
I'm sceptical because lol journalists but still, that's very impressive to even be able to claim victory.

Aye.

If I had the money 997.2 GT3 every time, the 911 I can imagine is definitely quicker, but the 997's for me are the perfect balance between racer and road car whilst still feeling incredibly special.

The 991 I feel is now more mass production and not as special.

It is a shame the 997.1 Carreras don't have best engines as the 997.1 Carreras are just a lot more rawer than the 997.2's due to the steering and engine sound on the .1 being better. The 997.2 does have more reliable and efficient engine though and much better dampers.

996's for me, especially GT3 variant are just a bit too much for the road, for me the 997 version offers much improved road driving experience whilst still being as good on track.

Shame I aint got 70-100k to drop on a car. :(

Associate
Your enthusiasm is infectious. What you've posted has convinced me to try a 997 C2 before I decide anything. :)
I drove a 997 C2S earlier this week.

Good points:
  • Comfortable
  • The extra torque over my old 996 C2 was really noticeable
  • Interior was a huge improvement on the 996
  • Sounded lovely

Bad points:
  • Too refined
  • Very little drama or excitement

My car is just for fun so if it doesn't excite me then I need to look elsewhere.

I'm glad I tried a 997, and I'd still like to try a Cayman S, but I think if I ever get another Porsche it's going to have to be a GT3.

OcUK Staff
OP
I drove a 997 C2S earlier this week.

Good points:
  • Comfortable
  • The extra torque over my old 996 C2 was really noticeable
  • Interior was a huge improvement on the 996
  • Sounded lovely

Bad points:
  • Too refined
  • Very little drama or excitement

My car is just for fun so if it doesn't excite me then I need to look elsewhere.

I'm glad I tried a 997, and I'd still like to try a Cayman S, but I think if I ever get another Porsche it's going to have to be a GT3.

Pretty much spot on. They are quite refined but I find mine delivers excitement plentiful, but you do have to drive it pretty damn hard or be on it as such. Also in fairness mine is running GT3 lower arms, GT3 front and rear anti-roll bars and is setup for neutral/oversteer with an alignment more aggressive than a GT3 RS.

A GT3 should blow you away! I find my stripped M3 more refined/less drama than my 911 in some ways.

Associate
Pretty much spot on. They are quite refined but I find mine delivers excitement plentiful, but you do have to drive it pretty damn hard or be on it as such. Also in fairness mine is running GT3 lower arms, GT3 front and rear anti-roll bars and is setup for neutral/oversteer with an alignment more aggressive than a GT3 RS.
I'd imagine your setup adds quite a bit of drama over a standard one. :)

Gibbo said:
A GT3 should blow you away! I find my stripped M3 more refined/less drama than my 911 in some ways.
I've tried a 996.1 GT3 and I found the engine far too peaky but, given everything I've read about them, written by people who know far more than I do, I suspect I need to adjust my driving style to suit the car.

A 997 GT3 is out of reach for the moment but it's definitely on the short list for the car after whatever I get this time. :)

Man of Honour
Didn't know about this feature in the 991 GT3:

Other stuff? Well, the transmission features a strange clutch-neutral feature: pulling both gear-selector paddles simultaneously disengages both clutches, and then releasing either will instantly engage whichever clutch is meshed to the next gear. From a rest, this serves as a rudimentary launch-control system, leaving you to choose the right revs and blend the throttle. Alternatively, you can use it to perform massive, smoky burnouts or to pop the car into low-speed oversteer if the traction control is off. We’re not quite sure why it’s there beyond pure hooliganism, but we like it.

Was never really a Porsche fan until I looked at them longer this year and seen the utility of these new models in the flesh.

Last edited:
Soldato
That's a joke! What a silly man :D

Lol yah I know its a shame as it was a genuine car for a very reasonable price.

I fixed the link now
http://ucl.porsche.de/uk/ucl/clients.start_ipl?fin_=WP0ZZZ99Z9S710729

But I am quite happy overall because I paid £38500 for it 10 months ago.

So far I have done quite well with my 911's

Targa 4 paid 27500 and sold it one year later for £31500 but did spend about £4k running it

C2S PDK paid £38.5k and sold for £39k with very little running costs.

New one I bought for £41.5k but its probably worth close to £48k.

I love free motoring lol

OcUK Staff
OP
Lol yah I know its a shame as it was a genuine car for a very reasonable price.

I fixed the link now
http://ucl.porsche.de/uk/ucl/clients.start_ipl?fin_=WP0ZZZ99Z9S710729

But I am quite happy overall because I paid £38500 for it 10 months ago.

So far I have done quite well with my 911's

Targa 4 paid 27500 and sold it one year later for £31500 but did spend about £4k running it

C2S PDK paid £38.5k and sold for £39k with very little running costs.

New one I bought for £41.5k but its probably worth close to £48k.

I love free motoring lol

Skills, I paid 38k for mine, probably worth 28-30k and the money I've spent modding / running it, well best not to think about. :D

Back
Top Bottom