FAHStat is live again

Associate
(I'm the guy that runs http://fahstat.piggott.me.uk/).

I noticed yesterday while migrating the VM that runs it (for unrelated reasons) that FAHStat hadn't updated since October 27th 2012.

Last time it failed (early 2012) I seem to recall someone (Biffa?) emailing me about it, so the issue was caught and fixed quickly. This time I didn't realise (I seldom visit OcUK these days and don't Fold any more either) and nor did anyone else. Or if they did they didn't contact me (no obligation, just statement of fact! :)).

Anyway, in case anyone cares, I've fixed it and aside from the several month gap it should be back to normal. Averages will converge in a week.

If you were/are a user of the signatures please leave a post in this thread so that next time I'm doing maintenance on that VM I know whether to bother keeping them running :).

Cheers,
Mr. Brightside

Associate
OP
I was running one the other day but couldnt get the image sizes down to the forum rules and as such got it removed! :(

Any advise?
Reduce the quality (increase the jpeg compression) on the "General Settings" page until it's under the forum limits (20KiB last time I knew for sure but that was years ago). Alternative way to achieve the same result is to add "&gen_qual=X" to the URL where 0 < X <= 100

Man of Honour
A signature may contain one or more images but they must fit within a box with maximum dimensions of 400 x 75 pixels (width x height) and with a maximum (combined) file size of 20k. Images containing mostly very large words or animated .gifs will not be permitted. You may also add 1 consecutive lines of normal or smaller text directly above or underneath the image with no spaces inbetween image and text. If no images are used then up to 4 consecutive lines of normal or smaller text is permitted. Do not pad out your text lines with blanks lines. A line of text is defined as having a maximum length of 400 pixels.

So yeah I think yours looks ok, it says 11.75KB and 393 x 61 pixels

Associate
OP
After seven years in service I'm retiring this for good (over the course of the next hour). It's been fun, but all things must come to an end and keeping it running is not consistent with my current drive for minimalism in all things.

Thanks for using FAHstat.

Man of Honour
hey Mr Brightside, thanks for the support all these years. Shame to see you go but I understand :)

Maybe have a word with mr Berserker who runs the OcUk seti pages maybe he could run the code for ya.

Back
Top Bottom