Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Can't we all pretend to be friends? Nah I didn't realise I thought that was thread for bits and bobs for road biking, not road biking in general! I'll tootle over to there then :o

Even better idea, best you get yourself a mountain bike as well as that lovely Cervelo and then you can split your time between the two threads. :D

Works for me. :cool:

Soldato
Soldato
YESSS, GM bringing it home for the Bru crew!
Gutted for Mick and Stevie, hope Sam's OK!

Nasty, whole new wheel then?

Thanks :) Yeah, it had the same effect with me, they're only very small though. (My balls, not the drops)

New hub I suspect :(
I thought it's small too... my balls that is.

Last edited:
Soldato
Got some new wheels to match my new job hehe
Ditched my old GT I Drive for something a little racier!

Fox RP23 shock, Rockshox Tora 318 U-Turn ( forks are actually pretty damn good) but they will make way for some Lefty Max when sufficient funds have been accrued.
dWpJOWil.jpg.png

Soldato
What are people's thoughts on getting a bike fitting done? Are they only for ti hard tails and dirty roadies?

If you're uncomfortable on your bike - it's got to be worth the money. There's no point in having a nice expensive bike (or 5? :p) if you dont like riding it because it hurts.

velocity44 in Stirling do the Retul fitting which is apparently one of the best.
AlpineBikes also do a fitting service (not Retul), and there is one of them in Aberdeen somewhere.

Last edited:
Soldato
Or am I missing something?

It's not just about buying and fitting the correct parts though, that's the easy bit. It's knowing which parts are the correct ones to buy.

I'v been riding bikes my whole life and i thought i knew all of this.
I went for a proper fit and they put my saddle down by about 4-5cm. That might not sound like a lot but it feels like a massive difference when sitting on it. Took me several weeks to get used to it but when i did i was considerably faster.

This was on my road bike, might be different on a mtb. You generally have the saddle a bit lower anyway to have more room to move around over the bike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom