Sansaire sous vide circulator

Man of Honour
Lots, got my snugs on Saturday, now an essential kitchen item, so useful and easy

1tzt.jpg

sios.jpg

p6j7.jpg

A couple have failed, and pulled out of 1 or 2 as I didnt feel they could deliver.
Lunarsail is one I will be backing this month, and hundreads more I couldn't justify the price on.

Tempted by http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rpalermo/quad-high-temperature-naturally-fired-cooker?ref=search
But then if I manage to buy a house,then I'll build my own BBQs/pizza ovens etc.

Last edited:
Associate
So looks like I'll be back this for the $219! Been wanting to get a Sous Vide water bath for a while, so this look ideal.

Just need to find a decent blowtorch and vacuum sealer! Any recommendations for either of those?

Man of Honour
Blow torch you'll find at B&Q or any builders merchant. Don't get the kitchen ones.

Don't get Andrew james, that's what I have.
I'm looking at the foodsaver v3835 it's highly rated on the review sites.

Last edited:
Associate
Thanks for pointing this out, I`ve now backed this project.

I need to research the vacuum sealer, maybe a cheap bicycle pump with the piston seal fitted on backwards might work ?

Edit: Just got a food vacuum sealer of Amazon... £40

Last edited:
Associate
well i dont use bags- use a roll- I cut a size i need seal one end, then put in the food, etc, place in the correct position, press the vaccum seal button and it sucks out all the air and seals the bag- pretty simple really. if im cooking food at high temps eg. 80dc i tend to seal it twice to ensure it doesn't open. only had a bag open once and i think that was due to overloading it and having a bit too much moisture in the seal location when i sealed it. made a mess of my water bath though.

Associate
Well ended up backing this, so once it's a bit closer to dispatch I'll need to get a vacuum sealer wnd a blow torch :D

Soldato
OP
Apologies for doing a link-and-run job - had meant to follow up with recommendations for sealers, etc.

For under £100, the Foodsaver V3040 is pretty decent. Works well with wet and dry ingredients, can handle using bags from a roll and is quite quiet and doesn't take up too much space on your counter.

Apart from that you're probably looking at around £250+ for something decent. All the 'flat' sealers like the Andrew James' and indeed the Sous Vide Supreme are a bit cack and run the risk of sucking up liquid due to their lack of controls.

Last edited:
Associate
This website came up when Googling and recommends this product. Does anyone have any experience with it?

Edit :: Googling the product name brings up fairly unanimous praise... I'm tempted!

That's the one that I've got, not that I've got anything to compare it to but it works really well. I just got some cannisters to go with it yesterday so haven't had time to try them out yet.

Edit, I've got the low noise version and it's barely audible.

Associate
This website came up when Googling and recommends this product. Does anyone have any experience with it?

Edit :: Googling the product name brings up fairly unanimous praise... I'm tempted!

I do now, I ordered it on the 6th and it has just arrived. I have only sealed two oranges and a lemon so it's not a full and complete road test. It seems ok, fairly quiet.

I'll let you know if I have any problems, although I doubt I will use it much until November, when my 240V blue display Sansaire should arrive.

Hmmm... perfect rare steaks finished off with a blow torch. :D

I suppose I will be hit for VAT at 20% when the Sansaire arrives ?

Man of Honour
I do now, I ordered it on the 6th and it has just arrived. I have only sealed two oranges and a lemon so it's not a full and complete road test. It seems ok, fairly quiet.

I'll let you know if I have any problems, although I doubt I will use it much until November, when my 240V blue display Sansaire should arrive.

Hmmm... perfect rare steaks finished off with a blow torch. :D

I suppose I will be hit for VAT at 20% when the Sansaire arrives ?

In the meantime try the oven @60C method (assuming you have a temperature probe and decent enough control of over temp). It's pretty damn tasty :)

Back
Top Bottom