Pubs/bars in London that you can smoke in...?

Man of Honour
Is the law different in Spain? Saw people lighting up in all the super clubs on the White Isle.

Ibiza tends to have a somewhat more lax implementation of those kind of laws (to a degree). They tend to turn a blind eye to the less serious stuff unless you really take the **** as they want the tourist trade.

Last edited:
I'm smoking at a bar right now. Not telling you where I am though.

lol arek I mean asim.

Also I thought the ban on private members clubs was still in force while a second reading of a bill is due nov this year.

The problem bar owners etc have is they can lose their license and livelihoods if they allow people to smoke in their establishments.

Man of Honour
Possibly a stupid question that I should know the answer to seeing as I work in a hospital, but are people allowed to vape in hospital?? I have patients on my ward vaping!

Our policy at the UHNS (in Stoke) is a definite no which has infuriated a lot of staff however they've promised to review it when the government decides if it is a medicine or not.
I think that's what it said on our Intranet.

Associate
Not aware of anywhere that allows it outside of lockins, alas - and I'm not going to name those places for obvious reasons :p

Soldato
In general many London Bars/Pubs have outdoor areas these days, they can often be more popular than indoor areas. Its a little different during winter of course or really bad weather.

I'd just seek out a pub that has a nice area like that, while the weather is still good.

Soldato
Smokeasys do exist.

I used to drink in a pub that would, upon a lock in, put out ashtrays. And I loved it because I smoked back then, and usually so did everyone else still in the pub that late in the evening.

Man of Honour
Some countries are banning smoking within a certain distance of buildings. When that comes to the UK it will be interesting to see smokers cramming into trafalgar square or the parks. Won't be able to just pop outside anymore.

I'm pretty sure this is already covered in the smoking ban it's something like within 10ft of a door way it's just generally ignored.

Man of Honour
Does it explain why it's prohibited at UHNS?

University Hospital will be reviewing its smoking policy regarding e-cigarettes and electronic nicotine delivery systems. The decision has been taken to ban the use of these products on all University Hospital sites until the policy has been reviewed.

The Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) recently announced that the government will ensure e-cigarettes are regulated as medicines.

In addition to this, the British Medical Association (BMA) Board of Science has said there is no peer-reviewed evidence to prove they are a safe and effective nicotine replacement therapy. The BMA instead recommends that health professionals should encourage patients to use a regulated and licensed nicotine replacement therapy, such as patches or gum, to help quit smoking.

The Trust has a duty to provide a safe environment for all its patients, visitors and staff.

Soldato
If you want to drink in a pub with loads of smoking memorabilia then have a look at the Edgar Wallace. They have a good range of guest ales on the pumps too.

KIA

KIA

Man of Honour
Some countries are banning smoking within a certain distance of buildings. When that comes to the UK it will be interesting to see smokers cramming into trafalgar square or the parks. Won't be able to just pop outside anymore.

This can't come soon enough!

Back
Top Bottom