Reverse parking sensors or camera

Soldato
As tempting as chrome was, I have gone for the white option. I didn't realise these kits were in any way comparable to the OEM offering so looking forward to giving them a try.

Reversing sensors are the thing I missed the most after moving cars. Sure they can't replace being careful and looking but I found them very useful.

Associate
I recently bought a 2010 civic myself and I paid for the sensors for that very reason, the civic has pretty poor rear visibility so I thought it a worth while investment and it has been very handy so far.

Third party sensors will probably work just as well I can imagine however that any faults with electronics could be blamed on the third party parking sensors just my thoughts.

Associate
Mine show me what's going on.

aps%2B.png

I have the same ones.:)

Caporegime
They (the sets that Adam and Phil W have bought) look like the set I've put on the GFs car, no problems here either.

The only thing I would say though, the buzzer is sodding loud, far louder than my OEM stuff in my 330d, the A6 or my A4s.

Soldato
Aren't they standard on the ST220?
Parking sensors aren't, no.

The only thing I would say though, the buzzer is sodding loud, far louder than my OEM stuff in my 330d, the A6 or my A4s.

Yep these sets are identical to mine and yes the buzzer was bloody loud, I managed to tame it to a more.. palatable.. volume level by taping some foam over it before hiding it behind the boot carpet :)

No problems with mine or the ones on my mums car, Howard. Unlucky maybe?

Probably, knowing my luck! It's absolutely fine if I unplug the 'D' sensor, but if I have that one plugged in, occasionally I'll just get a solid beep when I engage reverse. I've even replaced that single sensor to no avail, so I'm thinking the control unit is a bit iffy.

Soldato
It is a bit shrill! The first time I powered it all up I damn near fell over. But at the volume I've got it "set" to, it sounds fine. Very useful things to have though and a worthy addition to any car that doesn't already have them - no matter how good you are at parking it's always useful to know just how far away that bollard or low wall is.

Edit: That gives me an idea.. I wonder if I could 'modify' it and use a different type of small speaker which might allow it to sound at a different, more pleasant frequency.. Hmm. I might buy one of the cheapest £9 kits with the same control unit off eBay anyway to try and sort mine out so it's gotta be worth a bash ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
I would vote just learn how to park properly. Have never used reverse parking sensors and/or cameras, have never ever hit anything whilst reversing and I don't exactly avoid it. Seriously though, a very much not needed piece of equipment. ;)

Man of Honour
I don't know, modern cars with their funny bulges and smart bumpers aren't as good at being used to "feel" your way into a space :p

Joking aside, the civic's rear visibility is not the best, and for the sake of a few quid to avoid using the bumper for bumping why not?

Man of Honour
I'd go with a camera sensors just shout and don't show you what's going on.

They can be annoying if you have a driveway with close walls or long grass that it picks up, but otherwise mine are flawless. I don't rely on them by any means, but they really give you confidence to go back that little bit more :p

Soldato
Main will pick up the fence as I get close to it for initial driveway entry and beep like mad but soon forget about it unless I move closer to it again. Not sure why, but assume the aftermarket kits will be the same.

Still think camera for this car makes much more sense tho.

Back
Top Bottom