Mechwarrior Online. Yes, really :)

Soldato
just played a couple of evenings worth of this.

while it's not a bad game, damn the buying and upgrading of a mech is way too convoluted.

also, and i may be wrong but it costs to DOWNGRADE to a part you've previously had installed and UPGRADED??

Soldato
just played a couple of evenings worth of this.

while it's not a bad game, damn the buying and upgrading of a mech is way too convoluted.

also, and i may be wrong but it costs to DOWNGRADE to a part you've previously had installed and UPGRADED??

Are the parts you're talking about structural changes such as Endo-steel, ferro-armour, and double heatsinks?

If so, it make sense to pay to downgrade. You're literally replacing the entire Mech's internal structure/frame. Which means the mech is entirely pulled apart and essentially rebuild.

The normal items/weapons don't cost anything to upgrade, once you have them they can be used on any mech so long as they're in your mech bay inventory.

I really suggest anyone playing or looking to pay should check out the No Guts No Galaxy tutorial videos on youtube.

Soldato
Anyone on here still playing the beta? I've been addicted to it since I picked it up again the other week. Got myself a fully decked atlas d dc, twin ac20 jagermech (my new fav) and a rubbish commando and catapult. Would like to play with a group if anyone's down?

Associate
Anyone on here still playing the beta? I've been addicted to it since I picked it up again the other week. Got myself a fully decked atlas d dc, twin ac20 jagermech (my new fav) and a rubbish commando and catapult. Would like to play with a group if anyone's down?

Not into it myself but have some friends who play if you want contact info.

Soldato
Mechwarrior Online

Since I am surprised there isn't much chit chat on here about Mechwarrior Online, decided I would bosh a thread up.

Have been absent from the game in many months and just go back on this afternoon, must admit back to loving it again, has been tons of new stuff added since I was last on.

Many here play it? :)

Soldato
I heard theres an outcry over a pay2win item like coolent or somit which before it was playable was promised that it wouldnt be put in but they changed there minds and put it in and now its a p2w game. I heard a bit of the news a few days ago about the rage its caused.

Soldato
ECM wounded the game, 3rd person viewpoint killed it then cool shot danced on it's grave.

Played tons of games and own around 40 mechs including quite a few premiums and I have no intention of going back to the game in the state it is in now :(

Last edited:
Soldato
As I remember it, 3rd person didn't completely ruin Mechwarrior 4 - how have they implemented it in this incarnation?

I seem to remember having a limited amount of coolant flush back then as well - have they effectively given you infinite uses of it or something?

Associate
As I remember it, 3rd person didn't completely ruin Mechwarrior 4 - how have they implemented it in this incarnation?

I seem to remember having a limited amount of coolant flush back then as well - have they effectively given you infinite uses of it or something?

Yes it looks a bit like that.

I have recently started playing and am really enjoying the game. I even spent some real money and bought a Mech. Im not a Battletech purist, and don't understand the uproar with 3rd person view.

It did take quite a few games to adjust to the gameplay though. Visually it looks like an FPS, but due to the slow lumbering style of the mechs it plays like some kind of Tank Sim. You have to time your shots, and get your tactical positioning right or you die horribly.

It does get better the more you play.

Soldato
The problem with the third person I suspect (not actually playing mech) is that if its in everyone has to use it simply because of the wider FOV. Stick with first person and you are essentially crippling yourself in a competitive environment. Coolant flush sounds like a bit of a mare strategy wise as well. Shame, had potential from what i read.

Soldato
Can't say I care much any more. I was a Legendary Founder, and spent over €200 after that.

They originally claimed the game would be first person only, because it's a simulation and you're the pilot. They back tracked on that.

They claimed there won't be coolant flushing, they back tracked on that.

The game was planned and promised Community Warfare on a large scale, later to be encompass the entire Inner Sphere. That's vaporware still, despite the game having "launched".

There are more Hero, and Community mechs than many thought, all bought with real cash. They're released sometimes weeks in advanced of the normal variants which you can earn with ingame credits.

Even painting your mech, getting cammo, or cockpits items all cost real money.

I grew up with Mechwarrior games, I'm extremely disappointed this is their launch now. So far none of their promises have been kept.

After nearly a 2.5 years in Beta, they have only managed to get the game from an 8v8 deathmatch/base capture to a 12v12 deathmatch/base capture.

Soldato
Can't say I care much any more. I was a Legendary Founder, and spent over €200 after that.

They originally claimed the game would be first person only, because it's a simulation and you're the pilot. They back tracked on that.

They claimed there won't be coolant flushing, they back tracked on that.

The game was planned and promised Community Warfare on a large scale, later to be encompass the entire Inner Sphere. That's vaporware still, despite the game having "launched".

There are more Hero, and Community mechs than many thought, all bought with real cash. They're released sometimes weeks in advanced of the normal variants which you can earn with ingame credits.

Even painting your mech, getting cammo, or cockpits items all cost real money.

I grew up with Mechwarrior games, I'm extremely disappointed this is their launch now. So far none of their promises have been kept.

After nearly a 2.5 years in Beta, they have only managed to get the game from an 8v8 deathmatch/base capture to a 12v12 deathmatch/base capture.

I hate to agree, but it really is the case. It has so much potential, I keep holding out hope, but patch after disappointing patch it is seeping away. I still play it, but the dreams of what it could be are really just that.

I'm still angry about them breaking the ac2 so badly.

At least they disabled 3pv in 12v12 premades

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom