Mirrorless System Cameras

Associate
Any of you guys here have any Mirrorless System Cameras ?

I'm thinking of getting one for my travels. I've sold my DSLR and to be honest I don't really want to be hauling around a DSLR whilst traveling.

I'm looking at these Sony NEX's, maybe the NEX6 in particular?

Caporegime
I have an Olympus E-pm2 for when I want to go light and fast. IQ is as good as my D90 so I don't give up on anything there. Lenses are very small and light.

The Sony NEX cameras are good but the sensor size is the same as a crop DSLR, so that means you will be carting around lenses that way the same and when you go to the longer lenses they really don't balance well.

Associate
I use a Fuji X-Pro1, wonderful lenses and body. Not as compact as the NEXs though, but still a lot smaller (and lighter) than a D800 or 5D.

Soldato
I've had an Nex5n and it was a nice piece of kit,good image quality and small enough to stick in a pocket , obviously that depends on the lens ring used

Some downsides I found were the lack of buttons and awkward menus to change settings quickly, I also missed a viewfinder

On the plus side it had focus peeking and a tilt screen so I could get in focus shots manually and low or high angled shots easily

The nex6 looks to be a much better cam so I'd go for it

Caporegime
Hhmm Ive had a quick look at the lenses for the nex ranges.

I think ill only want to use a kit lense and maybe I would have a fisheye too.

The NEX system might work out well in this case.
Also if you a mirrorless that behaves much like a DSLR in term so speed and autofocus the Nikon 1 series is the oil contender, but the bodies are mostly consumer orientated (stupid Nikon!)

Back
Top Bottom