Nexus 5 leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Bigger the better for me, within reason.

I primarily use my phone to browse web/watch video/game on and make the odd phonecall and text etc. But thats hours of browsing vs few mins of calls/texts and the bigger screen makes it far better for my uses.

I have nexus4 at the moment and am looking forward to getting a bigger device.

Associate
OP
My nexus 4 is my main computer at the minute I pretty much do everything on it... Nexus 5 being bigger will be great imo... Still deciding whether to get a nexus 7 rev 2 or nexus 10 hmmmm

Soldato
If this is based on the G2 I will be very interested. I just hope they don't gimp the device in some way as that would make me angry. The camera and screen on the G2 looks excellent.

Associate
Anybody with man sized hands wouldn't be maoning about the size :p

Yes I remember a guy at work getting a galaxy note and saying how big it was, I picked the phone up and his comment of "that looks small when you hold it" which made me laugh.

I'd be quite happy for the N5 to sport a 5" screen, the whole size question for me is more about how easily will it fit in a shirt/jacket pocket versus the size of the device. I think a 5" screen makes the trade off nicely.
As ever YMMV.

Soldato
If this has a good camera, 5" screen and LTE compaitibility I could be persuaded away from the GN3. I like the idea of running pure Android.

Do it anyway. Stock Android was a revelation for me. I got so fed up with Samsung software and lack of updates on my GS2 that I traded it in for a Galaxy Nexus. Running 4.3 immediately and it's better than it's ever been. Also has the 'just works' feel of the iPhone, if a little less slick/fragmented app design. No Samsung ROM handset has ever got close to that for me.

Soldato
Do it anyway. Stock Android was a revelation for me. I got so fed up with Samsung software and lack of updates on my GS2 that I traded it in for a Galaxy Nexus. Running 4.3 immediately and it's better than it's ever been. Also has the 'just works' feel of the iPhone, if a little less slick/fragmented app design. No Samsung ROM handset has ever got close to that for me.

I have to agree with this completely. I use custom ROMs for the little extra features (integrated LED control for example), other devices simply don't compare (the Samsung devices are terrible in this regard, anything other than TW ROMs were a buggy mess).

Soldato
I dont know why every one BIGS up the stock android experience. Stock android is rubbish! Its hardly got any features. It hasnt even got a quick reply for SMS for gods sake. Its way too bland!

Thank god for custom roms otherwise i dont think i would ever buy a stock android device. Before anyone asks, I've had stock android on my GS4 and it lasted less than 24hrs.

Even when i had the Nexus 4 i installed PA after 12hrs because stock just didnt do anything for me. I like the UI but the features are lacking.

As for this being the Nexus 5......i hope its camera is better because the N4 camera is poo.

I'm not bothered about it being £300~ I'd like a premium phone from Google with cutting edge tech and a great camera. Why they cant release a budget, a midrange and a top end Nexus 5 is beyond me. HTC and Samsung do it and I'm sure Google can too.

Soldato
Some of us do big it up, but if you see why from what I posted you'll understand that running it for just over a day won't let you realise the true value. That said, if you have the tweaking bug, go for it. I got fed up of changing ROMs on my smartphone. I now just tweak the TF101 from time to time.

And to the price point - personally I'd rather pay less. Smartphones are way too expensive as it is. The Nexus 4 bucking that trend is something I hope to see continue. Elsewhere, OEMs are pushing the bounds of what's reasonable. Paying over half a grand for a phone in today's world is a struggle for many I should think. That said, Apple don't have too much trouble parting people from their hard earned.

Associate
OP
The camera really isn't so bad on the nexus if you get a decent app and play with the settings.. Using HDR mode makes pictures come out so much better as well.. He is a few examples...

TPaYJ4h.jpg.png

17EyEMZ.jpg.png

c2gXZH1.jpg.png

lOrC4RW.jpg.png

Zj5pF3l.jpg

jHjy21j.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom