Irons?

Soldato
Hey,

since moving into an apartment and having to put up with small load washing machines and combo dryers, my clothes come out considerably more creased and ironing dress shirts has become an incredibly laborious task....especially more complex shirts with double cuffs etc can take ridiculous amounts of time and still not look properly crisp!

The other day, my shirt fell off the hanger in my car on the way to an interview and i stopped at a proper ironing shop to get it re-done....wow! They had an iron with a seperate reservoir etc and the shirt came up perfect in literally 90 seconds.

This has made me think that even though ive got a crap base, i know a decent iron can still make for decent results! At the moment i have this

zZcSbjZ.jpg

And it absolutely sucks! It was liveable when clothes were coming out nearly wearable, but now it just doesnt cut it.

I have a standard Minky ironing board for reference too.

Whats the min. im going to have to spend to get something half decent?

Thanks,

Tom.

Soldato
My sister bought a Bosch steam generator iron for around £150, I think it may have been reduced at the time from nearer £200. I was a little sceptical at the time but having used it I think it was well worth the cost.

Tea Drinker
Don
We've had several. We bought a cheap £50 first and it leaked and was generally rubbish then we bought one for £100 ish which lasted a couple of years. The one we have now was £175 and is still going strong with the wife's crazy obsession with ironing everything.

No way we could go back to one without a reservoir I'd get lynched.

Soldato
Join the army, it's the first thing they teach you...
This, I used to live with an ex military girl, I gave her all my ironing which she gladly did. The way it should be! :D

I still don't iron, I either wear the creases out or give to a laundry service if it needs to look nice. Shirts in my size are not easy things to tackle.

Soldato
OP
when i had a full size washer and full size dryer, i could happily wear most things straight from the dryer and they'd look fine...now absolutely everything looks like a piece of paper that has been scrumpled up!

The SMEG washer dryer at the new apartment is a little better than the candy one at my last place, but still not good. So reservoir ones are the way forward?

Soldato
Go for the strong creased shirt look, bound to make a lasting impression!

I usually find if I put it on after getting out of the shower, and then put a coat on, my body generates enough humidity to steam out the creases.

It's a bit of a burden, I can't pull off the creased shirt look.

Back
Top Bottom