*** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note II Thread ***

Soldato
Agreed, the phone falling was my fault.

In contention: Whether I should have a reasonable expectation for an expensive device to survive a minor impact (35cm), onto grass, without significant damage :confused:

Yeah something doesn't sound right there. Are you sure it didn't land on a stone or something?

I was having a clear out the other day when I came across my old HTC Hero. As it was going to get binned, and there just happened to be a 5lbs hammer nearby, I thought I'd break it. I held the HTC in my left hand and hit the screen with the hammer several times - not even a dent!

Now, if a butterfly farts in China my Note II will implode!

What a world we've come to where people are (trying to) destroy their perfectly usable smartphones with hammers!

Associate
Dropped my note 2 today while in a store! thought it was the end after i heard the thump... but it survived just fine, still in one piece :cool:

Soldato
Well I seem to have somehow managed to un-root my Note II by installing some update or other...

Anyone care to recommend a rooting guide for this device to me, something that is easy for an idiot to follow. I had a look on XDA, but the damn ones I found seemed to have instructions bizarrely spread amongst several threads, and I got worried about making a dogs dinner of it.

Currently running 4.1.2 if that makes any difference.

Soldato
ok, so i own a iphone 5 and EE sim only contract and bit bored of it now (phone)

note 3 is around the corner and im not overly impressed with the iphone 5s spec

i was thinking of selling the iphone 5 whilst its still worth its premium that and buying a 2nd hand note 2 (hopefully cheap!) to tide me over for a year until we see what 2014 models brings us.

id like to to go LTE as looking to move to Three in Jan/Feb 2014

you reckon this is a wise move?

Back
Top Bottom