Final Fantasy XIV - A Realm Reborn

Caporegime
yup I'm officially done with this game.

logged in earlier logged straight back out.
did the same again just now.

feels to much like a solo game I preferred MMO's when people were forced to group and the social interaction was not limited to guild chat/TS.
feels way too much like starwars and GW2 for me to see it being successful

Associate
yup I'm officially done with this game.

logged in earlier logged straight back out.
did the same again just now.

feels to much like a solo game I preferred MMO's when people were forced to group and the social interaction was not limited to guild chat/TS.
feels way too much like starwars and GW2 for me to see it being successful

Yeh it's a tragedy, but fact is the majority have voted with their feet on this **** too many times that no big studio now will have the balls to make a challenging, multiplayer orientated MMO. I had a feint hope that SOE would with Everquest but they've pussied out as well. I suggest checking out some Indie MMOs.

Caporegime
Yeh it's a tragedy, but fact is the majority have voted with their feet on this **** too many times that no big studio now will have the balls to make a challenging, multiplayer orientated MMO. I had a feint hope that SOE would with Everquest but they've pussied out as well. I suggest checking out some Indie MMOs.
yup it's a joke the people in charge of mmos can't even be mmo players...

I don't mind solo to 50 but there needs to be zones for people who want to level as a group that offer better exp and rewards

Soldato
Just finished the main story and wow the last dungeon is amazing, 8 man group with some fantastic boss fights.

Cannot wait to get stuck into Hard Mode Primals and Bahamuts Coil.

Uematsu has done a fantastic job on the music too, not often I leave music turned on in MMO's but it's the opposite in ARR.

Associate
The issue I have come across so far is at the moment and I will assume for the next few months even is that at level 50 it is primarily hardcore players due to the short time the game has been released. As a casual it is quite irritating trying to do the hard mode primals or amdapor keep without having all the other members bark and whine if everything isn't done perfectly because it is their 1000th run and expect everyone who is participating to have instant knowledge of every event in the scenario even though they have never done it before. Worse still in the 2nd to last story dungeon where everyone is trying to speed through it to farm allagan tomestones and tell you to skip the entire storyline just so they can sprint through the dungeon.

I had lots of fun getting to 50 and including the final dungeons in story. But the current playerbase at cap is terrible so i'm just going to level blacksmith until the game matures a little.

Still enjoying it though.

Permabanned
The issue I have come across so far is at the moment and I will assume for the next few months even is that at level 50 it is primarily hardcore players due to the short time the game has been released. As a casual it is quite irritating trying to do the hard mode primals or amdapor keep without having all the other members bark and whine if everything isn't done perfectly because it is their 1000th run and expect everyone who is participating to have instant knowledge of every event in the scenario even though they have never done it before. Worse still in the 2nd to last story dungeon where everyone is trying to speed through it to farm allagan tomestones and tell you to skip the entire storyline just so they can sprint through the dungeon.

I had lots of fun getting to 50 and including the final dungeons in story. But the current playerbase at cap is terrible so i'm just going to level blacksmith until the game matures a little.

Still enjoying it though.

Though I see your point I don't agree with you, you want people to play at your pace and moan when they want to play at theirs?

I don't see myself playing this game much TBH, just cant get into it.

Caporegime
How good is this game? Is it worth the monthly subscription considering there's 100's of cheaper alternatives?

if you didn't like swtor and got bored of gw2 really fast you will likely get bored of this and not play past the free 30 days.

I hit lvl 40 and just cant be bothered with it anymore to much solo not enough massively multiplayer

Soldato
Played last night for a good 5 hours with a mate, woke up this morning to be greeted with this: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=176858624
A good 15 mins of trying to login, to no avail.

Kinda puts a downer on things, doubt i'll play much if at all when they start asking for money. It's an alright game when playing with a mate, more of a solo style game from what i can tell though.

Back
Top Bottom