H320 ?

Associate
Has any body used the new H320 swiftech it is a closed loop system like the h110 but with a 3 fan rad , it looks totaly awesome , I'm gutted I just finished my build and I didn't know this was coming out so I used the h110 .

It is price around £150 I think , is it any good ? How do you think it comparison to the h110 ? And have you found anyway that has it in stock in the uk ... Every ever seems to be sold out :(

Thx
Sleepyluke

Soldato
Sounds pricey for just an AIO loop. I dont think you will stand to benefit much from the upgrade. The main difference would be the extra radiator, which though you might knock off a few degrees under load, the price is not far off a custom loop. The difference being in the custom loop, you would have a much more reliable pump and a better block.

I say stick to your h110 if all you want is decent cooling. If you are looking for a way to pimp out your pc more and kill time, sell the h110 and add that to your £150 for the swiftech to get a sizable budget to get a custom loop together. you might even have enough to include a GPU in your loop if you spend wisely.

Associate
Think the H320 is in a weird spot. It's only going to fit in very large cases and the people who own those cases are the kind of people who are interested in custom water cooling. I know its an all in one loop and not closed but its still not going to be as good a proper loop, It would be a good beginners loop but it's just to large and expensive.

Associate
OP
It seems like a good choice , custom water loops seem to be a lot of hassle with 6 monthly maintance and more risk of leaks and spills.

Both would give very similar temp reductions as far as I can see , but the closed loop option is a set it and forget it set up .

I love the h110 that I have , so a bigger system of the same seems like a good option that will give the sane cooling power ... I also just read that you can add more blocks and radaiators to them if needed , so far I'm not seeing any benfit to a custom loop , other than making my pc look cool ?

Soldato
I think the Swiftech pump used on H220 & H320 is a better pump than then pumps used in CLC's. The H220 and H320 are not CLC. They are AIO. They have a removable fill cap so you can top up coolant if needed... and if you want you can add more components to the system. Swiftech had a few problems with pumps being stopped by pieces in system but haven't heard any after that was quickly resolved. They are still having a few issues with systems but always seem to resolve them and keep the customer happy.

Conclusion on MartinsLiquidLab
http://martinsliquidlab.org/2013/01/27/swiftech-h220-prefilled-2x120mm-water-cooling-kit/12/

Martin's indepth review of H220.
http://martinsliquidlab.org/2013/01...led-2x120mm-water-cooling-kit/comment-page-1/

Asetek, Cooler Master, CoolIT & Swiftech are only builders of CLC. Asetek has all US Patents on CLC coolers... any closed loop cooler with self-contained pump... and has filed suit against Cooler Master, Coolit & Swiftech for patent infringement to stop them from selling similar products in USA. That's why Swiftech stopped sales of H220 or H320 in America. ;) When it's all said and done Asetek will probably loose but they have cornered the marked for the time being.

Last edited:
Associate
This lawsuit puts me off purchasing anything Asetek related at the moment, and from what I read, the Swiftech was better than the H100 etc. Different pump that allowed you to add different rads. Certainly don't seem to recall as much failures or warranty issues being discussed or loads of B grade products with Swiftech?

When I read that the Swiftech 220 could take a different rad, I was interested. Sadly when I looked I saw no Switech stock in any UK suppliers, I though this lack of stock will be a result of that lawsuit, and probably not be resolved for some time. I may well be interested if this Asetek filth washes away and we see stock in the UK.

Soldato
Swiftech website says they are selling in other countries, just not USA. Stock has been in short supply almost from the day of release. Hopefully they will soon be able to keep up with demand. I suggest you contact them. They have very good customer service. ;)

Associate
OP
They are for sale in the uk , just out of stock right now specialtech.co.uk are getting done in and you can per order , they should arrive in about 2 weeks I was told when I phoned them

Soldato
so far I'm not seeing any benfit to a custom loop , other than making my pc look cool ?

Custom cooling with the same size radiator would definately give better cooling. I would also say that pump failures on AIO loops are more likely than random leaks after the loop is running. Also you can use coolant like mayhem's pastel, which don't need to be replaced for 3 years.

Associate
OP
Custom cooling with the same size radiator would definately give better cooling. I would also say that pump failures on AIO loops are more likely than random leaks after the loop is running. Also you can use coolant like mayhem's pastel, which don't need to be replaced for 3 years.

I didn't know their was coolant that did not need replacing for 3 years ?

This makes a custom loop much more appealing to me ... You may have just sold me on the idea lol

Soldato
have you seen some of the comments out there for that coolant? someone it turned to plastic in their loop

I have used a variety of mayhem and Phobya coolants and NEVER suffered problems. Some loops have been going on a year strong. I think if you manage to turn the coolant into plastic, you are going well out of your way to destroy your loop. It isn't the coolant which clogs up but rather plasticizer in some tubing.

Back
Top Bottom