Londoners in 'ere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
OP will have to go Brick Lane for some food.

True but have you been to Lahore Kebab House.......

25zmr0h.png

Soldato
Ok Londoners, I may be moving to Aldgate East/Whitechapel, can any Londoners give me a summary on the area?

Little Bangladesh or burka capital of London, yeah political correctness can go suck it.

Lived around Whitechapel and now moved to Shadwell, its basically Bangaldeshi area. Its actually not as bad as people say, I frequently come back home late and its fine. At best we have a few random shouty people who can't drive. A few "bad boys" in 3 fancy cars that drive around and idiots who blast their crazy foreign music out of their cars. Otherwise it has pretty good connections to central as well as night buses and most of the time Whitechapel road has people around all the time. It looks scary at first but staying close to the main road is fine by me. Not sure on the little side roads though but don't think its a particularly bad area. Been in worse.

If you got any specific questions, feel free to ask.

Permabanned
What the government will eventually do is, just like in Brixton, they will move all the immigrants out and replace them with trendy middle class hipsters and then call it 'progress' etc

They will repeat this process until the realisation is met on what is the real problem

alx

alx

Soldato
There's a reason Whitechapel Road is one of the brown property squares in Monopoly.

;):p:D

Joking aside, Monopoly should probably not be used to base where you want to live :p

Last edited:
Soldato
When I need to take a look at a place, I always start with using google maps. That should give you a rough idea.

Well from what I found out about London, just don't go too far below the river, stay out of north east, don't go to watford and any further then west ham east is probably too far (used to live there too)...

Associate
I worked near Aldgate East tube from 2007-2010. Out of anywhere in London it's certainly a well connected area for work. You're about 15mins from Tower Bridge walking, 15mins from Moorgate, maybe 25mins from London Bridge and perhaps 45mins to walk over to Canary Wharf so even if there's a massive tube strike you shouldn't need to worry about getting around. Spitalfields, Brick Lane and Shoreditch are all fairly lively and easy walking distance.

Whitechapel has a huge sainsbury's perfect for weekly shops. The Overground that now serves Whitechapel is pretty frequent and that connects well with a good few lines. Crossrail will only improve this but be prepared to wait!

If you're worried about "the area" the police presence is very visible. I think that's a good thing but you might think it just means there's lots of crime. I think the only real problems I saw was begging, a lot of litter and alcoholism. I saw quite a lot of people outside the costcutter just begging and then getting completely drunk and sleeping in the little alley on Gunthorpe Street.

Associate
The people in here.. Hackney gets such bad rep because it used to be a sh*thole. May be the case for some people even now, but don't tell me Shoreditch & Broadway Market is half as bad as it used to be.

It's the trendy people's choice these days! :D

@op

Not that I go to whitechapel all to often other than knowing there is a hospital and a predominantly Asian community. Have fun!

Capodecina
Soldato
Whitechapel. One of the worst areas of London I've been to. Truly ugly and depressing. One of my friends works in the Royal London there, I feel sorry for him.

Soldato
The people in here.. Hackney gets such bad rep because it used to be a sh*thole. May be the case for some people even now, but don't tell me Shoreditch & Broadway Market is half as bad as it used to be.

It's the trendy people's choice these days! :D

@op

Not that I go to whitechapel all to often other than knowing there is a hospital and a predominantly Asian community. Have fun!

To be fair Shoreditch is decent for a night out but not sure I would want to live there. Also Hipsters. Hipsters everywhere.

Caporegime
What the government will eventually do is, just like in Brixton, they will move all the immigrants out and replace them with trendy middle class hipsters and then call it 'progress' etc

They will repeat this process until the realisation is met on what is the real problem

Is the real problem [redacted]*******[redacted] or darkies or Indians or Pakis? Them muslim fellas? Please let us know.

e : oh, I can't say *******? redacted then.

Last edited:
Soldato
The real problem is talking issues related to poor education and crime and it cannot be solved by moving people on to a different area. Akin to just moving a homeless person on doesn't solve the problem because he'll just get moved again.

My solution, kill all poor people

Soldato

Allowing the proliferation of Hipsters, that's what.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom