*** iPhone 5S/5C - September 10th ***

Caporegime
I would do that too, the extras is not worth £300.

Now if I can find the same!

I get mine off there for me and the wife every year. It just makes better sense for me to stay 1 gen behind. I buy for £315ish and get £200 ish for my old phone. Usually I just mazuma or similar mine to save any hassle, which is a shame as our phones are always like new.

As I always use a silicon skin and front and rear protectors staying one gen behind allows me to always be able to get these items cheap when the shape has changed.

Just looked last year I paid £315 for a 4S with 10 months warranty on it. I will aim for a 5 this time around that price with 4-6 months warranty remaining.

Soldato
Each iphone release I usually end up getting the following

Free iPhone
£26 a month

Unlimited TXT
Unlimited Mins
1GB Data

That's for the 16GB, and I usually end up paying the difference for the 64GB. The only change was last year when I ended up getting the above deal for the 32GB iphone 5.

This year I think I'm going to buy the 64gb 5s phone outright and go for the GiffGaff sim only plan.

Deals are out there, if you are silly enough to go to the high street then you'll end up paying a lot for the phone, and £36 a month LOL

Associate
EE's prices look the best so far for the 16GB 5S. £46 p/m for unlimited calls/texts and 10GB of data with an upfront cost of £49.99 is much more appealing than O2's £199.99 upfront cost with half as much data at £47 p/m. So unless there's a massive catch, EE is the way to go for me (I'm not going to buy the phone outright).

Caporegime
Each iphone release I usually end up getting the following

Free iPhone
£26 a month

Unlimited TXT
Unlimited Mins
1GB Data

So you are saying you provider gives you a £500 phone and unlimited minutes for £312 a year. Please excuse my cynicism ;)

And last year you claim it was on the 32gb version.

Please provide us all with the secrets of getting a £500 phone on contract for £312.

Soldato
I can't make up my mind what colour I'm going to order for the 5S. I'd actually quite like to see them in the flesh, so I'm starting to consider not preordering on Friday and taking my chances in a shop at some stage. Or at least getting to see them in store, then pre-ordering, even if it means a longer wait.

I'm on a white 4S at the moment and while I was considering going back to the black colour one, I'm not so keen on the grey colour, I'd have preferred it if it was black with the silver colour from the white. The white one would be very similar to what I already have, but I do like it. The gold looks quite unique, and I agree probably flashy, but its fairly subtle. I would think you will eventually see a lot of people with it though because its the first new colour iteration (aside from the new C phones). I just need to see how it looks in the flesh before I decide whether I like the colour enough to buy it, or whether its a bit gimmicky.

http://appleinsider.com/articles/13...grey-gold-silver-iphone-5s-with-leather-cases

I'm kind of feeling the space grey one again now... it's either silver or grey - the gold is too blingy for me.

Soldato
5C = better battery, and same improved iSight camera on the front as the 5S. Not sure how making the antenna band internal will change how well it picks up reception, but it should be a marginally better phone than the one it's replacing.

Same hardware (almost), in the 5C as the 5.

Better front facing camera and 4G support is about the only difference. Not worth the upgrade unless you really want plastic /colour.

Thanks. Not looking to get an upgrade out of it, was just making sure that swapping from a 5 to a 5C wasn't a downgrade.

Though apparently O2 won't even be doing 4G on the new iPhone 5 models at the start anyways!

Associate
iPhone 5S: White with their black case is the way to go imo, outside of the gold it is the least likely combo to be mistaken for the new 5C, and still looks hot - you get the black & a white face

Soldato
What colour is everyone going for for the iPhone 5S?

I was always stuck on going for the "Space Grey" but now I'm considering maybe going White/Silver...

Caporegime
You might as well say try to find someone who is the CEO of Apple and get it free. I don't work at Sainsbury's or know anyone that does, and even if I do, I don't do that. It's a perk, not something you take for granted.

It's only fair to look at deals that applicable to everyone, that's clear cut. It's great that you can get the discount but when you say "it's not that clear cut", that's just incorrect.

Last edited:
Associate
[size=+1]I work for Sainsburys. Go and find someone who works at Sainsburys to get you 20% off. Its a discount for friends and family of colleagues.[/size]

I want/use Spotify so it's a cost *I* have to factor in. It's not "unfair." It's simple maths (done in public). It's not like I've tried to hide anything.

I work for sainsburys how are you going about this please??

Cheers

Soldato
Decided to go for space grey instead of the gold/white, I think that'll be too common.

I'm waiting for Three to price the 5s, but judging by the 5c prices I expect the 5s to be lolprice.

Back
Top Bottom