Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Bought my new bike today! Ended up with the Specialized Camber Comp I posted a pic of a bit further up. It was in really good condition and looked and felt great. It's an XL frame, so on the larger end of what fits me, so I might have to get a shorts seat post to make it fit perfect. Super exited to have a new ride though! :D

Soldato
So I am in Wales with my riding buddies last week, Tuesday we are doing ClimachX and who should we bump into - Dan Atherton.
Not only that but my mate is a massive fan of the Athertons and that day he happeneded to be wearing Dan's 2008 race jersey with his name on the back.

What are the chances !!!

9755710241_11e5f16205_b.jpg

Gav

Gav

Associate
Can anyone give me some recomendations on wet weather clothing? Looks like the rainy season is upon us so its time to get geared up for the dark wet rides ahead..

Jacket, shorts and long trousers

Soldato
Glenlivet trails to be opened next month. Longest descent in UK. Woot!

Ooohh!!!. This looks interesting, got any good links?. I loved the Highland Wildcat at Golspie which I believe has currently the longest descent in the UK (could be wrong on that though) although since I was up there a couple of years ago my skill and fitness levels have increased. Back then I was slightly overwhelmed by some of the technical sections on the descent at the Wildcat.

Glenlivet sounds like it will be worth a visit though. I'm more of a fast and swoopy single track fan than a rock jumping technical geek so swoopy blue sounds just the ticket at Glenlivet. :D

Soldato
Glenlivet sounds like it will be worth a visit though. I'm more of a fast and swoopy single track fan than a rock jumping technical geek so swoopy blue sounds just the ticket at Glenlivet. :D

Yeah, looking forward to it opening.
Looking at OS maps, i guess that the descent will drop around 240-250 vertical metres compared with ~360metres at Golspie. More than 100metres less descent spread over a longer distance sounds more like a nice swoopy descent rather than the steeper, more technical stuff at Golspie.

(of course, being less steep doesnt really tell us anything about what it will actually be like, so we'll have to wait and see)

Soldato
Down to the last race in the DH World Cup.

Another win for Stevie Smith, crash for Gee (finished 12th) so off to final race next weekend for the overall win. Great 2nd for Danny Hart as well. 7th for Peaty as well.

Mental conditions after riding all week in the bone dry, it's soaking today! 17 points in it so could even change with points from qualifying.

Last edited:
Associate
The gee man is letting it slip away. Hope he gets the win next race. Stevie can have it next year. The minaar has had a terrible campaign santa cruz will be signing a new rider at the end of the season I reckon cos lets face it ratboy aint winning squat diddly. They should revive the gwin ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom