Post your winter gloves

Soldato
Alpinestar Gore-tex Polar's, stretchy wrist bit and strap is annoying as hell with leathers but I've paid for them so not going to let them go to waste.
Also love the Alpinestar 365's as a waterproof glove, but they cut them off me so I need to replace them, not bad at £99 though. Not great in the freezing cold though...

Associate
got some Berik ones at the minute... getting some new ones at the NEC bike show though.

They have lasted me well over the last 2 years and 1 trip down the track.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
I'll play :D
HEIN GERICKE BLACK HG TOURING CLASSIC GLOVES
RRP £69.99 Paid £33.94 from the Rain Forest

Hope you can see them properly in that tiny pic.

Caporegime

what are they like in the cold? Have you tested them in water?

Cheers

Here's a MCN mini review of them : http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/P...-review-hein-gericke-touring-classic-sheltex/

I got given a pair of Weise Hornet gloves a few weeks back but only really put them to test today as it peed it down for an hour while I was out.
Nothing, and I mean nothing got through them at all and unlike previous cheap winter gloves I've had there wasn't that cold feeling you get when water has been on them a while. They're yet to 'run in' but feel comfortable already and kept my hands warm, without them getting hot when the sun was out. I think they're around the £50 mark.

SgWaXv6.jpg

Ish

Ish

Associate
Richa Cold Protect GTX

http://www.visordown.com/product-features/tested-sub-100-all-weather-gloves/21734-7.html#historysub

richa_cold_protect_glove.jpg

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour

what are they like in the cold? Have you tested them in water?

Cheers

Don't know yet as I love my summer gloves so much I can't stop wearing them, They do fit well & seem well made but until I get soaked in them I can't say how good they are.
Being Heine Gericke though & only being 34 quid instead of 69.99 I thought then well worth a punt.

Soldato
Dainese Goretex Scout. They are OK and hands stay bone dry in showers, If it rains then you are screwed... also they aren't as warm as you would think considering they are mostly padding. The knuckle protection is nice and they helped when I punched a van drivers window (Whoops) and they have survived me throwing my bike down the road :)

Soldato
Got a pair of Knox Zeros when I bought my Handriods a good few years back - they're ok, but I find myself having to wear inner gloves when it's really cold - and as with most (all?) gloves they rob a lot of feel :(

Last winter was interesting, as my little finger on the right hand (broken in a low side back in 2009) seized up in the cold - think the screws must have gotten too cold :D Solved by pulling over and whacking my hands onto the sides of the engine.... ahh toasty!

Soldato
I use the same gloves all year round, a lovely comfy pair of RST Moto Pilots. Not great in torrential rain but I don't tend to use the bike in really grim weather.

Back
Top Bottom