*** iPhone 5S/5C - September 10th ***

Soldato
OP
So you're saying Apple deliver quicker than they say? Sorry, need coffee. :D

If they start pushing out the delivery dates, I'll cancel and buy elsewhere. I've spent 3 hours in the company of my stand-in phone (S3), and I'm ready to chuck it already.

Last edited:
Associate
Bit early to call 5c sales disappointing. Its the first ever iPhone to have any appeal to me. I just want a decent phone not a piece of jewellery to flash about.

I wouldn't dream of cueing for any electronic gizmo. If I get an 5c (it will be the white one) I'll amble in and pick one up when I am ready and its readily available.

I guess my point is that 5c audience have different characteristics to 5s audience and therefore buying patters will be different.

Associate
My experience in the US online this AM thru the apple store, most are listed as 1-3 business days (all the golds are October)

I ordered the 64GB silver (at&t carrier) it stated the below on the confirmation mail:

"Available to ship: 1 - 3 business days
Delivers: Sep 30 - Oct 2 by Standard Shipping"

Last edited:
Associate
Looks like they send them on 10 day postal service, maybe they come by ship from china.

Yeah - I spent 20mins or so trying to change my address online with at&t so the top line fit in apples order box in that time their window moved 3 days longer, now on their website its listed as 7-10

I guess they have those rough categorizations and in the background you have people waking up in the US ordering pushing back the times.

Soldato
Bit early to call 5c sales disappointing. Its the first ever iPhone to have any appeal to me. I just want a decent phone not a piece of jewellery to flash about.

Well its not me saying it.

It's been reported because of the fact that pre-orders were available for the C that the uptake hasn't been what was expected. Further to that, Network Operators have raised their concerns to the media about it, plus one company also did some polls of people buying and found most are after a 5S.

Here is one such article:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-24160158

Soldato
A surprising amount of people on FB I know are getting the gold.

If I go to Bluewater or central London after work in the next week or two I might see if I can pick one up and cancel my online order but I'm not fussed about not having it till October.

Soldato
GFs Pink 5C just turned up, it certainly is pink :o

From everything I'd seen it looked more red in the shots. Hopefully she still likes it, otherwise I'm in trouble. Good job I got a case too :p

fez

fez

Caporegime
Went and queued in Norwich Chapelfields this morning to pick up a 32gb 5S in space colour. Some had been waiting since the night before and there was about 40% of the queue there from 5am apparently. I rocked up about 7.15 and was done by 9.

There were only a few gold iPhones apparently. Something like 5, very few silver and plenty of grey.

Associate
Logged onto O2 this morning at 7.50am. Ordered a 16gb 5S in black. Getting delivered tomorrow. Already have my tracking number.

Couldn't believe how easy it was tbh.

Associate
I have to wait 3-6 weeks as my local o2 store can't get stock yet! Apparently x amount have been sent back to Apple as faulty or something.

Back
Top Bottom