*** iPhone 5S/5C - September 10th ***

Permabanned
I'd have thought that was fairly obvious tbh. If you buy a phone or tablet outright directly from Apple, it's yours and no network has any business locking it at all. If they did then, legally speaking, I think they'd actually be in breach of the computer misuse act, which would make for an interesting discussion :)

I'm not really sure of your thinking behind the CMA as this dictates that an illegal or unlawful access of a digital/computer system must take place without the owner's knowledge or consent. It'd be an issue for OFCOM and Trading Standards - provided Apple and the network didn't clearly stipulate the binding to one network.

Soldato
I'm not really sure of your thinking behind the CMA as this dictates that an illegal or unlawful access of a digital/computer system must take place without the owner's knowledge or consent. It'd be an issue for OFCOM and Trading Standards - provided Apple and the network didn't clearly stipulate the binding to one network.

I was referring to the scenario whereby a network would lock your independently purchased phone to their network without your explicit approval. I'd have thought that would qualify as "illegal or unlawful" access or tampering with a computer system but then I'm not a lawyer.

Basically there's no way any network would do such a thing as firstly they have no right to and secondly they'd definitely be on very shaky ground legally.

Soldato
I tried calling both Covent Garden and Regent St. I was 9th in the queue each time so decided to hang up and jump on a bus and head to Covent Garden, they only had 2 5S's left, both 64GB (I'm after 16GB). I then walked to Regent St where they had completely sold out of all 5S's! The girl I spoke to said that as far as she knew there were none left in London....wow! Both stores said they were not sure when they would be getting more. I guess I'm going to have to order online for October.

Ditto with Liverpool, ran out of stock yesterday and not sure when they'd be getting more in, apparently most likely next weekend!

Associate
My phone got delivered this morning at 7.20am :eek:

I knew it was going to be early, and I had my alarm set for 8am. Luckily the delivery guy rang my mobile and woke me up. Not complaining at all though :D

First impressions - this fingerprint scanner is great. My main fear was that it would be a few secs delay to unlock. However its much quicker than entering the pin.

Camera is brilliant, and the whole phone is fast and snappy. After 10 minutes, I picked up my 4S and it felt like a brick. Very pleased with my choice overall :)

Associate
Just been into Apple store to play with 5c, I liked it. I am very tempted to buy my first Apple product since iPod 5G. I can't afford it just now but maybe next month.

A sign said they had sold out of 5S, didn't even look at demo model as it holds no interest for me.

Soldato
I've tried upgrading on the tmobile site /EE site get to personal details bit and it won't complete says I'm missing * but everything is completed any ideas ?

I would ring but I'm abroad now and it would cost a fair but wanted to join the Q which would mine I'd get it when I get home shame.

Only other thing is 150 free with tmobile abroad? I know it is with orange.

Soldato
Just been into Derby, most of the shops I passed had boards outside suggesting they had both 5Cs and 5Ss in stock.

Walked into the EE shop in the Westfield Center and got a 5S with out any problems.

Permabanned
Well, despite 3 text messages from DPD and 1 from CPW; 2 emails from CPW and 1 from DPD all promising Saturday delivery...

... i'm still without my phone. Saturday delivery ceases at 12noon I believe, so here, at 17:10, I think they've messed up royally.

Last 'tracking' update shows 'leaving Birmingham at 00:28' and that was the last thing mentioned.

Associate
Well, despite 3 text messages from DPD and 1 from CPW; 2 emails from CPW and 1 from DPD all promising Saturday delivery...

... i'm still without my phone. Saturday delivery ceases at 12noon I believe, so here, at 17:10, I think they've messed up royally.

Last 'tracking' update shows 'leaving Birmingham at 00:28' and that was the last thing mentioned.

Could be worse. Like if they were still using Yodel, your iPhone would have gone missing for sure!

Have you checked the DPD courier tracker? I've used DPD a lot recently for my deliveries, and it's nice they can tell you where the van is and what number in the order you are.

Soldato
Right I am sure I want a 5c now can any one help me pick a colour?! I really am drawn to the green but so unsure if I would love it in a years time and then I should get the white instead...

Might have to have a nosey in an apple store at lunch in the week but I don't really get enough time for that.

Caporegime
^^^ Go for the pink, you will love it:p

On a serious note, take some time out and go see them in the flesh. That way you will see it for real and can then choose a colour. Its a subjective thing asking for what colour you should go for

Soldato
Right I am sure I want a 5c now can any one help me pick a colour?! I really am drawn to the green but so unsure if I would love it in a years time and then I should get the white instead...

Might have to have a nosey in an apple store at lunch in the week but I don't really get enough time for that.

Cant go wrong with white i guess, and you could just use those odd coloured cases if you fancy a splash of colour.

-edit-
+1 on the pink! Haha

Back
Top Bottom