Our Very Own OCUK Branded Steam Sig Generator

Associate
Last edited:
Man of Honour
does it take a little while to update ?

It can do. Do you have your Steam profile set as private?

I'm going to have a play with the editor today so post your ideas for what you would like to see changed or done differently

Looking forward to our update :)

Will be good to get rid of the steam level and flag logo, will make it nice and uncluttered.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Do you have to log into steam ie use your steam credentials to make this work. Not saying for a sec that i dont trust them but will they not know your steam login and password then?

Associate
ive checked steam and its saying everything is puplic ...really cant see why its not working :(

Try this : http://steamsigmaker.de/ocuk/76561198097542638.png

76561198097542638.png

Associate
Greetings!

I am the maker of steamsigmaker.de.

First of all, thanks to Komedy for choosing my Signature Generator!

There was a rough start with this signature, and I am very sorry for this. Two bugs haunted it, if there was no profile picture and/or nor featured badge on the steam profile. I hope everything is running smooth now!

The second thing I wanted to mention is that you do not enter your Steam credentials on my website. The login mechanics is completely handled by Valve and Steam. Technically happens this:

I generate a Link which leads to the Steam Login page. The link includes an ID and a return URL. If you logged in on the Steam page, it does not show the Steam store, but sends you back to my page.
It sends you back with some information:
- My ID, which i sent with you to steam
- a Steam Login ID with which i can validate the login with the steam server
- your Steam Common Name (the one from the "Common URL" setting)
- your Steam numeric ID.

I do not see your Steam Username (the one you use to login to steam). At least if you chose two different names in the "Common URL" and the "Username" setting. And I do of course not see you password.
The reasons I made the login through steam available, is on the one hand the Editor, which gives you some save slots bound to your numeric steam id, and on the other hand, the fact that some people do not know their steam common name. If you do not have set a common url, you have to use your steam numeric id to generate your signature.
And that is a point where some people just give up :)

By logging in through steam, the needed name is entered automatically. End of story.

If there are any suggestions, wishes or whatever, feel free to contact me, preferable over Steam :)

Regards
Coolinger

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Nice Sigs, cheers Komedy and Coolinger. :)

FWIW, I'm happy as they are, I quite like the steam level, even though it doesn't mean much. If not that then a couple of recent game or something? (Like the 'big' version of the old ones)

Associate
Hi all!

I added two customization options for the OCUK theme:

Show Flag yes/no (default:yes)
Show Level yes/no (default:yes)

You can adjust these settings in the customization dialog. Just copy'n'paste the newly generated bb-code to your signature settings.

Regards
Coolinger

Back
Top Bottom