Buyer's remorse

Associate
Engine braking to all four wheels does not increase the amount of traction.

Eh? A 4wd car has double the effective traction both in acceleration and engine braking than a 2wd car. Patently if you don't make use of engine braking then it doesn't make any diff, but engine braking is best practise in the snow.

Like some peeps above, a 4wd audi or similar is unstoppable in the winter. Much prefer that than a 2wd bmw in the snow

Soldato
Eh? A 4wd car has double the effective traction both in acceleration and engine braking than a 2wd car. Patently if you don't make use of engine braking then it doesn't make any diff, but engine braking is best practise in the snow.

Like some peeps above, a 4wd audi or similar is unstoppable in the winter. Much prefer that than a 2wd bmw in the snow

:confused: You can't stop quicker in a 4WD car than a 2WD though, other factors being equal, in a modern car..

Permabanned
OP
Now we've gotten the 4WD drive discussion done...

Car has arrived! I've waxed it fully and taken these shots today.

Estoril Blue; HK Speakers; Visibility package; M Sports chrome and blue highlight interior.

The vehicle is pure awesome. My biggest love is a proper handbrake instead of the electronic parking brake.
Realised also that it doesn't automatically pick up my iPhone music (have to manually select the phone and then manually select 'Random').

But aside from that, top machine!

Last edited:
Soldato
, but engine braking is best practise in the snow.

Most definitely is not, especially if what you mean by engine braking is unmatched downshifting. I've had mine do it's best to go into the ditch a number of times just by lifting on a snow covered road. An unmatched downshift would 100% initiate a skid. Best thing is to dip the clutch and use the footbrake, the ABS/EBD will do the business.

Back
Top Bottom