*** iPhone 5S/5C - September 10th ***

Soldato
I had a look at the apple store in milton keynes today and the gold actually doesn't look tacky in person. I wouldn't get it because I'd be wary of looking an even bigger poofter than I already do rofl.

I still can't decide whether to get whitesilver or blackgrey :/

Soldato
I had a look at the apple store in milton keynes today and the gold actually doesn't look tacky in person. I wouldn't get it because I'd be wary of looking an even bigger poofter than I already do rofl.

I still can't decide whether to get whitesilver or blackgrey :/

I'm one of those knobs you see on the tube wearing the huge white studio style beats by dre headphones so I don't think it's possible to look any more ridiculous :D

It's a big risk to order without having played with one in person. Maybe I'll go to white. Maybe flip a coin. Hmm.

Soldato
I'm one of those knobs you see on the tube wearing the huge white studio style beats by dre headphones so I don't think it's possible to look any more ridiculous :D

It's a big risk to order without having played with one in person. Maybe I'll go to white. Maybe flip a coin. Hmm.

The way I see it there's such a shortage you may as well go to your nearest apple store and have a look -you'll be waiting ages for it anyway.

Associate
Disappointing with the iPhone 5C sales. We have tons of them sitting on our shelves of all colours and storage variants. I played with our blue demo and I must say it's quite nice. If I was offer the chance to trade my iPhone 5 Black for one, I wouldn't hesistate. But I definitely wouldn't pay the £200 or so difference though; it just ain't worth it. Apple priced it too high because for £80 more, you can get the 5S instead.

The 5S on the other hand has been sold out bar a few Space Greys I saw earlier today. When I counted, we had 4x16GB, 3x32GB, 3x64GB, but I didn't have any time at all to tell anyone who might be looking to pick one up today. We had to get rid of them by 3pm as well, else we would have to reallocate them to other stores!

Also got to play with a Silver one today as well, although registering my fingerprint was a bit tricky.

Last edited:
Soldato
Got to play with the 5C today, nice phone. At the right price I wouldn't think twice about owning one, as it is I think its a little too much.
I wanted to see a 5s but they had sold the second of the only two they had this morning. She told me that had two phones for friday but nobody thought to go that shop so the shop assistant was posting on facebook to let her friends know they had stock!

Soldato
I had a play with the 5c today too. It feels a lot better than my 3gs did in the hand. Certainly feels better quality than my S3, but I think that's the weight - it's a very.. dense phone.

Just placed my order for 5s white/silver 32gb with applecare+, direct from apple. My credit card is weeping.

Better get onto HMRC for that bloody tax rebate >:[!!

Soldato
I want to upgrade to my o2 contract to a 64GB Space Grey - which is in stock online at the moment but I can't order as I done a sim swap this afternoon!! Hope they are still in stock tomorrow or I can order it over the phone first thing!

Associate
Pretty sure they direct-ship from Asia when demand is like this, yes.

I know I tracked my iPhone 5 all the way from Shanghai at launch last year :o

Shipping from China, will be interesting to see how long it takes

Location Date Local Time Activity
ZhengZhou, China 09/23/2013 8:30 A.M. Origin Scan
China 09/23/2013 5:08 A.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Soldato
I love how these are arriving so quickly from mobile networks, but taking an age from the manufacturer.

And to think, I took the 5S I had in my possession back to CPW for a refund this morning. Dah.

That will simply be because Apple put all their available stock into their physical stores, any ordered online are being built and sent. The networks have only a small allocation in comparison which they've offered instore and online, that will be soon exhausted until Apple can also offer them new shipments.

Soldato
OP
That will simply be because Apple put all their available stock into their physical stores, any ordered online are being built and sent. The networks have only a small allocation in comparison which they've offered instore and online, that will be soon exhausted until Apple can also offer them new shipments.

Ah. Seems silly to me, why the manufacturer of the product relies on JIT stock creation when it's their product and their site that went live at 12:01am to sell the item. Call me old fashioned... :) Then again, I think there was a real impetus from mobile networks to use the device as an upsell to 4G so I wonder if some kind of deal was struck by Apple to the networks.

i.e "We won't carry any stock on release day, so people will be forced to upgrade or take out a new 4G plan with you to get one. In return for this priority, you'll give us X for the phone". Something like that anyway.

Didn't you get on with it?

Nah, nothing like that Fez.

I made my order at 12:01am on release day, but impatience kicked in so after hearing of people on here getting next day delivery from CPW I made an order. Only after ordering did I realise that CPW devices lock to the first network used. Seeing as I was paying a £40 premium over Apple's price for essentially a locked phone, I didn't open it and took it straight back for a refund today.

I'd rather wait for a true unlocked device, than settle for a phone I'll have to pay to unlock further down the line when it should be unlocked already at that price.

Back
Top Bottom