*** iPhone 5S/5C - September 10th ***

Associate
No dents marks or anything out of ordinary so far :) did give it a good look over when I first received it after all the issues with the 5 at launch.

fez

fez

Caporegime
The finish doesn't seem to be like the iphone 5 so much. Tests have shown that its much less likely to scratch and I don't think it chips like the black 5 did, it scratches instead.

Associate
Ah just seen his location, he's in the US I think. Dah.

Yeah - I am in the US, shipping notice received today from Apple, estimated delivery Wednesday, 09/25/2013, By End of Day according to the UPS tracking - this is earlier than I would have expected given order had sep30-oct2nd as its delivery estimate

Caporegime
I honestly think they changed the coating on the 5 as well at some point during the year. I had a 5 when it launched and if you looked at it wrong it would chip. The one I got 6 weeks ago seems a lot tougher.

Soldato
Well the fingerprint thing works flawlessly with me, but it doesnt like my partners thumb for some reason :/
Again, if we register her other finger(s) it works flawlessly but with her thumb it only works approx 30% of the time which is very odd.

Soldato
Well the fingerprint thing works flawlessly with me, but it doesnt like my partners thumb for some reason :/
Again, if we register her other finger(s) it works flawlessly but with her thumb it only works approx 30% of the time which is very odd.

I'm unsure whether to slowly move thumb over the sensor, or to keep it stationary for best effect.

Imy

Imy

Soldato
I thought I'd be organised and order a new nano-sim from Three so I already have it when my 5S arrives from Apple. I also arranged to move to a sim only plan when my current contract runs out next month.

So what do they do? Cut my current sim off before the new one arrives. I can't call them now to complain so I sent an email via their website. After submitting it THEN they decide to mention it will take 5 working days to respond.

Soldato
I thought I'd be organised and order a new nano-sim from Three so I already have it when my 5S arrives from Apple. I also arranged to move to a sim only plan when my current contract runs out next month.

So what do they do? Cut my current sim off before the new one arrives. I can't call them now to complain so I sent an email via their website. After submitting it THEN they decide to mention it will take 5 working days to respond.

had the exact same thing happen to me, its such a stupid system they have. in the past they used to deactivate the old sim after you'd activated the new sim, no idea why they changed it!

Caporegime
Apple are still 'processing the order', little disappointed they have not been able to post the new iPhone 5s sooner, means I have to keep people waiting that are wanting to buy my iPhone 5.

Soldato
Had my 5S for a few days and have had sometime to play around with more of its' features.

Touch ID is working well for me, I find it to be a very convenient way of unlocking my phone. It works first press about 9/10 times.

The camera seems to be better than my old 4S. Most of my time using it seems to be spent mucking around with the slow motion video function.

Soldato
Had a nosey in the apple store after work yesterday, bit frustrated as all the 5c's colours looked a little off for me on first impression, I want to have another look before I decide as the 5s properly wowed me even of I could never bein my self to get any bigger than 16 gig of it (was planning on a 32gig c)

Soldato
had the exact same thing happen to me, its such a stupid system they have. in the past they used to deactivate the old sim after you'd activated the new sim, no idea why they changed it!

I imagine in case your phone has been stolen, they can deactivate the old SIM as a precaution and to stop any fraudulent activity on your bill.

They should give the option whether you want a replacement due to theft, or due to a new phone that requires a different size SIM card IMO.

Soldato
OP
I want to order some accessories from the Apple Store, but I can't bear to have them arrive before the damned phone. Dah.

Also, lightning cables. What's the deal? The reviews on the Apple site seem to suggest they're made of soggy tissue and fall apart when you look at them, or have to be coerced to work. Given that I'm probably just about to part with an annoyingly eye watering £30 for 2 cables, I'm wondering if they're worth the risk or should I get a 3rd party (albeit Apple sanctioned one, like Griffin) instead?

Imy

Imy

Soldato
Tunney, have you got the official 5S case also? If so, does the phone fit in the dock with the case fitted?

randal, the cables are **** but always have been really. They discolour and split near the ends.

I'd suggest getting the cheapest non-Apple but still branded cable or check reviews for any bargains out there.

I imagine in case your phone has been stolen, they can deactivate the old SIM as a precaution and to stop any fraudulent activity on your bill.

They should give the option whether you want a replacement due to theft, or due to a new phone that requires a different size SIM card IMO.
In my case I told them exactly why I wanted the new sim. Even mentioned I wouldn't be activating it right away as it doesn't fit my current phone!

Back
Top Bottom