ASUSTOR - The Whole New range at OcUK!!

Soldato
.... Asustor? LOL

Good contribution, well done :rolleyes:

I have a two year old NAS box running and would not be without it. Ok it's not an Asustor, it's a Synology but regardless of this, it's a great unit to have. I can access my movie and music anywhere I want to. Great if I am away with work or on Holiday and I want to watch a movie, just stream with one of the countless apps.

I Use it as a download box so I can turn my PC Off. It integrates with my news hosting client with ease.

Take Photo's and uploads to the NAS AND the cloud with absolute ease. NAS can have a pretty steep learning curve but they are well worth having.

Associate
There is no explanation for the RS and RD range on how you explain to your wife why you threw out the oak TV stand and replaced it with a small rack cabinet.

Maybe it is on their website…

Soldato
The 2 series are cheaper and offer more...

The 3 series offer more than the equivelent spec QNAP and Synology too. I dont see how they are way over priced or even over priced? Like for like they are cheaper.

My mistake I should have said Compared to a N54L with £100 cash back.
I run synology on my N54L I have also owned a Ds211j.

Soldato
OP
My mistake I should have said Compared to a N54L with £100 cash back.
I run synology on my N54L I have also owned a Ds211j.
Ah yes, well when you consider that then i agree they may look a little expensive but all NAS will do.

For what you get, the ease of use and how you can almost cut out the media centre under tv and use these instead makes them a very good proposition indeed :)

Associate
Andrew, I think you have specs slightly wrong for the AS-20XTE series, including the sales side.
According to the Asusutor website the AS-202TE and AS-204TE come with 1GB Memory and not 512mb.

Soldato
American shops have it listed the same

Specification

Mfr Part Number: AS-204TE
Hardware:
CPU: Intel Atom Processor (1.2GHz, Dual-Core)
Memory: 1GB DDR3
HDD: 4x 2.5" or 3.5" SATA II / III HDD or SSD
Expansion: 2x USB 3.0 Ports, 2x USB 2.0 Ports
Network: 1x Gigabit Ethernet Port
Output: 1x HDMI Port
System Fan: 1x 120mm Fan
Infrared Receiver
3.5mm Audio Jack
Input Power Voltage: 100~240 V AC
Noise Level: 19.4 dB(A)

Soldato
I have reviewed both the 6 series and 3 series over on my site if anyone is interested. HERE

I love the 3 series I currently have setup. Transcodes to plex on my ipad nicely.

Very competitive price/spec balance. Although relatively new they are catching up fats in terms of apps and features.

Permabanned
Can you say for sure that the 8 bay one will be in this week?

I'll need it for Friday, Saturday at the latest.

I have seen them in stock elsewhere but they are a few quid cheaper here.

Soldato
OP
Can you say for sure that the 8 bay one will be in this week?

I'll need it for Friday, Saturday at the latest.

I have seen them in stock elsewhere but they are a few quid cheaper here.

Give the sales team a call, they will be able to obtain an eta from me and then you can decide if you need to make the purchase or not. Need to get the call pre-11 though, my contact is in Taiwan who I shall be mailing.

Soldato
OP
So call someone to ask you to get an ETA?

Why don't you just post it here??
Because I need to get the ETA there and then. Posting that there is one in stock in the hub coming here for X date, you waiting until later in the day to order it and then myself placing a PO confirm for it for you to find out I have been beaten to the punch will only provide me with a disgruntled customer - you. Id rather I had a happy one :)

Back
Top Bottom