Speeding on a motorway

Associate
There are 2 within a 1/2 mile stretch of M8 motorway alone that I can think of off the top of my head.....

Yes that's the one I know of and I count those 2 as one considering it's the same lane that merges on then off, I believe it caused a bit of concern when it was built. I was not joking when I said 2 or 3 for the entire UK motorway system.

Soldato
Yes that's the one I know of and I count those 2 as one considering it's the same lane that merges on then off, I believe it caused a bit of concern when it was built. I was not joking when I said 2 or 3 for the entire UK motorway system.

Same lane? :confused:

One is East-bound and the other is West-bound so totally different junctions and different sides of the motorway.

Regardless, I was replying to the:
...You can't have an exit road to the right on our system...

Associate
Regardless, I was replying to the:

Originally Posted by MooMoo444 View Post
...You can't have an exit road to the right on our system...

You would expect that answer, what's the odds of seeing a right hand exit on a UK motorway when there are only a few for the entire country? I think it's only the two mentioned on the M8 and one other on the M58 unless anyone knows otherwise.

Soldato
I thought (ie taught by my IAM dad) it was generally acceptable to undertake in non free flowing conditions (i.e heavily conjested) as it is far better to stay in lane to not make the conjestion worse.

However my definition of not free flowing is not speed-dependant- if everyone is limited to 55 (by speed limit or by conditions) in heavily conjested traffic, I'll crawl past the middle lane in the inside lane. My friends don't seem to get that everyone doing 55 isn't normal motorway conditions, they think it off too farfor a queue...

Am I doing a bad?

Man of Honour
No.

because that would be a lie and totally undermine one of the guiding principles of being a cop - Honest/Integrity and a good set of morals.

What you are suggesting would be instant dismissal.

I'm pretty certain most Police will still use discretion. They're not all shiney, squeaky clean people you know. The military are supposed to have integrity, but I've never known a more dishonest, spineless, slippery load of people in my life.

Lies happen all the time. I'm absolutely certain the police will use their discretion (lie) in order to make their job easier. Not saying it's right, just saying it will definitely happen.

Back
Top Bottom