***The Official HTC One Thread***

Associate
Thanks for all your comments on the Tmobile vs ThreeUK debate. Really fancy Three particularly in light of their truly ultd data and the free 4G update (when the network rolls out) but the awful CS and apparent lack of 2G backup really putting me off.

Soldato
Thanks for all your comments on the Tmobile vs ThreeUK debate. Really fancy Three particularly in light of their truly ultd data and the free 4G update (when the network rolls out) but the awful CS and apparent lack of 2G backup really putting me off.

I've been into store and got good customer service. But I have read about their CS imrpoving quite abit recently.

I've also never really found myself falling off 3G when looking to use my phone, as it seems almost everywhere has 3G signal if not their DC-HSPDA.

Associate
Has anyone bought this from Affordable Mobiles? They currently have it on three for £30 a month (6months half price - by redemption) for 300mins, 5000text and all you can eat data. I've messaged them on Twitter and they claim that they carry out their own QC before shipping the phones - is this normal practice as it sounds strange to me.

Could someone also tell me what the current firmware version has three rolled out on this phone.

Thanks in advance.

Bwlmog

Soldato
I'm havinh serious battery problems with MY HTC One. it seems to be getting worse. It doesn't even last a day anymore and I'm not exactly a heavy user. When I first got this it lasted twice as long as my Nexus 4, and then within 2 weeks or so the battery performance dived of a cliff and i now get about half the time I did with the Nexus 4.

I installed better battery stats but I don't really know what i'm looking for, and there is nothing obvious standing out on there.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Soldato
I'm havinh serious battery problems with MY HTC One. it seems to be getting worse. It doesn't even last a day anymore and I'm not exactly a heavy user. When I first got this it lasted twice as long as my Nexus 4, and then within 2 weeks or so the battery performance dived of a cliff and i now get about half the time I did with the Nexus 4.

I installed better battery stats but I don't really know what i'm looking for, and there is nothing obvious standing out on there.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Post screenshots of Better Battery Stats, you may have a naughty app draining the power by keeping the phone awake.

Taiwan is getting the 4.3 update at the moment: http://www.androidcentral.com/taiwanese-htc-one-getting-android-43-update

US developer model will follow shortly, and then Canada. I suspect we won't get this update until the new version of Sense is released.

Soldato
Soldato
Got an issue with space on my HTC One...

It says i've got 3.72GB left but I don't know what's taking up all the space, my pictures are 4 GB, havn't got much else, one ROM which is 1GB, can't seem to find big files in any other folder either :S

Soldato
Associate
Just received 4.3 update on my dev edition.

New settings in the notification bar, using home as menu, some new camera effects, new zoe highlights. Anything else that i might be missing?

Good news is that my pink spots on the camera have gone in low light :).

Soldato
Just received 4.3 update on my dev edition.

New settings in the notification bar, using home as menu, some new camera effects, new zoe highlights. Anything else that i might be missing?

Good news is that my pink spots on the camera have gone in low light :).

My low light camera has become a lot worse since 4.3 (big blue tints around the edge of the viewfinder/picture). There is a chance this could be down to the ROM or firmware that I'm using though. I think it's more than likely the firmware.

Soldato
ARHD 21.0 with ElementalX 5.2. I think it's down to the firmware though (3.09)

never heard of that, its a custom rom right? That'll be your issue, custom ROMs are never ever anywhere near as good as the manufacturers rom on the camera.

I'd expect that to be especially true with the One considering the fact their camera requires a lot of optimisation.

To be honest I don't understand what you mean by firmware, thats always what I've referred to as a rom, or are you referring specifically to the camera firmware? Either way, if you're on a non HTC build then you've lost all the optimisation so you've got an average 4mp camera.

Back
Top Bottom