• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official 7950 Ice-Q Owners Club***

Associate
Try doing the BIOS flash as suggested on the front page of the thread I think.

I can confirm your score is low as my best score is 875; that's with the same GPU @ 1080MHz core, 1600MHz memory and an inferior Phenom II tri-core @ 3.6GHz.

Caporegime
OK thanks guys i will update that part of the guide and ask tommy to update the OP as well.

EDIT

Tommy can you copy Part 8 from post 2 and update the guide in your op please.

Last edited:
Associate
Hay,
I had a play around and can get everything stable at 1.2v now.
I am planning on crossfireing and also getting a WC loop in there with a D5 pump, does anyone know if an OZC ZS 750watt psu will be enough?

Soldato
Just got my 7950 to replace my old 5850 Toxic 1GB, so far I have only enabled AMD Overdrive, set the sliders to 1100/1400 and set to +20%.

Ran Tomb Raider Benchmark and played CoD2 for 30 minutes, looking good so far.
Tomb Raider scored 92.7 fps Average with the settings on Ultra @1920/1080 and v-sync Off.

Only issue I have is that since upgrading, I get horrible screen flicker on my 2nd and 3rd screens, both running off a 5450 in the second PCI-E slot.

Last edited:
Associate
Thanks Tommy and LtMatt.

Managed to get clocks to 1100 core 1400 memory with voltage of 1175 and 30+ on the power limit.

I am getting very slight GPU usage throttles now and again but nothing like they were.

Great card for the money.

Soldato
Oh Ok Ill keep that in mind.
One more question guys, I promise :(

When I type in atiflash in the DOS, it gives me all these options/commands, but everytime I press a button it just moves on to the next screen untill the end where I would have to put atiflash again :(

Also, my keyboard doesnt seem to be the same when in DOS every key seems different :confused:
So I cant really type anything except atiflash because it gives me invalid command everytime I try to type more in

BLOODY HELL.. that was a struggle trying to guess what characters have been assigned to what keys :o

Last edited:
Associate
I haven't flashed yet, but just after the flash and everything goes right, after installing drivers, can I then install msi afterburner? for say: using the fan control? Also will it work with windows 8?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Tommy can you copy Part 8 from post 2 and update the guide in your op please.

Done.:)

I added an alternative USB app to the op for those having problems creating a bootable USB using the app in matts guide, could save some headaches.

Thanks Tommy and LtMatt.

Managed to get clocks to 1100 core 1400 memory with voltage of 1175 and 30+ on the power limit.

I am getting very slight GPU usage throttles now and again but nothing like they were.

Great card for the money.

:D

Try +35%, that might just stabilise it, I usually run at +30 but there have been the odd title TR/Hitman AB that needed that little extra.

BLOODY HELL.. that was a struggle trying to guess what characters have been assigned to what keys :o

Never heard of that before, hope you got there in the end.

I haven't flashed yet, but just after the flash and everything goes right, after installing drivers, can I then install msi afterburner? for say: using the fan control?

Yes, yes and yes, AB is fine on matts modded bios files.

Make sure you reboot after installing driver, if you had AB installed previously, I find it's best to manually delete the MSI Afterburner folder from C:\Program Files (x86)\MSI Afterburner(or wherever it was installed) as it can stop the new clocks voltage from applying.

^
@Matt,

Do you think it's worth you wording it up to add into your guide?

Last edited:
Associate
...Only issue I have is that since upgrading, I get horrible screen flicker on my 2nd and 3rd screens, both running off a 5450 in the second PCI-E slot.

I had this with my 5770 whenever I was using anything but stock clock settings. I read up on it for a fix but the internet could only say that it is a fault present in the 5 series cards.

If you find a fix let me know. :)

Associate
Hi everyone

I've just bought one of these to replace my XFX DD 7950, installed it and I'm getting no signal at all to my monitor. Reinstalled my XFX and it works just fine, but the HIS just isn't having any of it.

Tried uninstalling the drivers completely and it still doesn't work, totally at a loss here which is unusual for me. Does anybody have any ideas? Anything is appreciated

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom